• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bumchex' fantastic Detective Comics collection

60 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am bumchex or de-mented depends on the forum you read. Real name Eric Roberts (sorry, not Julia's brother). I rarely visit the forums and was surprised to see this discussion.

For the record, I will NOT be chasing any pre-hero Detectives. Chances are, if it is a mile high, I probably owned it and traded/sold it away. I picked up a run years ago that had those early books and not being a fan of pre-hero traded away the ones with covers that didn't interest me. I love BATMAN, esp pedigree books, and will always look to upgrade issues 27-50. I also have a bias toward the SAN Francisco pedigrees.

While I am a lucky and blessed person, it has taken me 10+ years of hard work to put my humble collection together.

I am an open book, so if anyone ever has a question they can always email me. I don't like discussing prices paid but I enjoy sharing my collection with others with similar hobbies.

My best,

ERic

Truly a awesome collection.And WTTB

lol...eric joined the boards more than a year before you :baiting:

Hi,

I am bumchex or de-mented depends on the forum you read. Real name Eric Roberts (sorry, not Julia's brother). I rarely visit the forums and was surprised to see this discussion.

For the record, I will NOT be chasing any pre-hero Detectives. Chances are, if it is a mile high, I probably owned it and traded/sold it away. I picked up a run years ago that had those early books and not being a fan of pre-hero traded away the ones with covers that didn't interest me. I love BATMAN, esp pedigree books, and will always look to upgrade issues 27-50. I also have a bias toward the SAN Francisco pedigrees.

While I am a lucky and blessed person, it has taken me 10+ years of hard work to put my humble collection together.

I am an open book, so if anyone ever has a question they can always email me. I don't like discussing prices paid but I enjoy sharing my collection with others with similar hobbies.

My best,

ERic

But I bet hes not as good looking... :devil:

Hi,

My best,

ERic

But I bet hes not as good looking... :devil:

not going to touch that one lol

The Allentown #29 is a jaw dropping thing of beauty.

The dentist owns the Allentown 27, correct?

The Allentown Tec 29 was, by far, the single nicest book I ever owned. :cloud9:

West

you sir, have owned some of the best books in the hobby (and still do, I might add!)

He'd surpass Doug if he put his entire collection on the registry...
easily

GA books get mucho registry points.

Would he surpass The Dentist?

No. It`s debatable whether ANYONE could beat DA, including Verzyl or Geppi. I think the points awarded to best copies of Action 1 and Tec 27 would outweigh a whole lot of other mega-keys. And it`s not like that`s all he owns.

easily

No. It`s debatable whether ANYONE could beat DA, including Verzyl or Geppi. I think the points awarded to best copies of Action 1 and Tec 27 would outweigh a whole lot of other mega-keys. And it`s not like that`s all he owns.

actually, given that eric's books are slabbed and Verzyl and DA's are not, Eric's would easily be the best registry set... naturally, if verzyl or DA slabbed, that would change, but for now, yes, I say his is the best cgc'd set

easily

actually, given that eric's books are slabbed and Verzyl and DA's are not, Eric's would easily be the best registry set... naturally, if verzyl or DA slabbed, that would change, but for now, yes, I say his is the best cgc'd set

I`m assuming that all of the books would have to be slabbed for there to be an apples to apples comparison.

I need a few of those pedigrees still for my much less amazing set.

I saw that Tec 91 you picked up in the sales forum. I yelled out loud when I saw the letters SOLD next to it. :censored:

Good for you (thumbs u

That is the 4th time the book has been offered. Very pleased to get that book, so thank you!

Pics?

No, sorry. Maybe one day.

I've seen the jaw dropping Allentown Det #29 in person, its state of preservation is incredible! Hope I am still alive to see what the Church Det. #29 looks like or the other incredible books that the dentist owns! Any one of Eric Roberts Detective books would be a dream book in my collection! Simply stunning! Thanks for sharing Eric!