• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you grade this DD 47?

18 posts in this topic

I made the mistake of asking my wife's opinion about grading; keep in mind, she has NEVER graded a comic in her life -- this is also the same woman that refused we purchase our last vehicle because she found a bump in one of the tires tongue.gif

Anyway, my wife (I call her hawkeye) graded this book at VG 4.5, with restoration 893whatthe.gif The restoration part was just her way to get me going because she saw that her comment on grade made me rather irritable... mad.gif

I think I had it coming since my thrashing of Beyonders MTU 53 and IF 15 -- I guess what they say about the Lord working in mysterious ways really comes into play in this instance 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Anyway, to settle our little dispute (and our bet), what would you grade this book?

DD47a.jpg

Kidding aside, is that color touch in the top left?

When I purchased this one, I ran a black light, and a 1200 dpi scan on the front cover. No signs of CT anywhere on the cover.

As an aside, my wife just asked me if I want her to grade anymore of my comics tongue.gif

Does your wife have any VG+ early FFs she wants to sell? flowerred.gif

That looks to be at least 9.2.

The top spine corner might prevent a 9.4 but it isn't out of the question.

I just thought of something... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You know how the Universe is suppose to be balanced?

North Pole/South Pole

Left/Right

Male/Female

Maybe your wife is the balance to stckwizard? 893whatthe.gif

Did she grade that one F-? 27_laughing.gif

Funny you should ask....

7.9 (Don't ask where she got the number from) tongue.gif

Among her comments; she balked about the QP being absolutely horrendous (now I am convinced this is punishment for trashing the Beyonders books 893whatthe.gif), the bottom being lopsided, something about the bottom staple sticking out too much --

needless to say, after the harsh VG+ assessment, and now this, I walked into the living room, turned the channel to Friends, cranked the volume, and that was the end of her grading stint grin.gif

I made the mistake of asking my wife's opinion about grading; keep in mind, she has NEVER graded a comic in her life -- this is also the same woman that refused we purchase our last vehicle because she found a bump in one of the tires

I'd grade it a VG 4.5 with Restoration. (Hey! SOMEONE had to say it!)

From the scan I'd stick a 9.0 or 9.2 due to the lower right crunch. I have a hard time with grading more modern books through CGC eyes, though!

::edit for typo - yah yah::

Colan rocks!

thumbsup2.gif

Lest we forget Tanino Liberatore and Rank Xerox (great avatar) laugh.gif

Thanks smile.gif Glad someone around here appreciates Ranxerox..! Those are some of the wildest, freakiest 'graphic novels' I've ever read... Ranxerox would make a great movie.

I was just gettin' ready to change my avatar, but now I think I'll keep it awhile longer thumbsup2.gif