• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terrorist Suspect a Comic Book Fan....

83 posts in this topic

eff organized religion!!! it's the root of all evil. :screwy:

I find this comment quite offenssive and narrow minded.

He might be right, doesn't the concept of "evil" originate with religion?

I think the concept of evil originated with human beings.

NOPE :devil:

I dont go around saying eff non-religion/agnostic/atheist/etc.

That's because non-religion/agnostic/atheists as a group are generally not cutting peoples heads off, mass plotting to kill innocent people, preventing gays from marrying, infringing on womans rights, bombing abortion clinics, creating holy wars, dividing families, martyr killing, telling you are going to hell because you are gay or "living in sin," committing honor killings, committing rape as "punishment," - the list goes on.

The basic tenet of nearly all religions is to love your fellow man - that is unless he is of a different religion/faith then the gloves come off.

That's because non-religion/agnostic/atheists as a group are generally not cutting peoples heads off, mass plotting to kill innocent people, preventing gays from marrying, infringing on womans rights, bombing abortion clinics, creating holy wars, dividing families, martyr killing, telling you are going to hell because you are gay or "living in sin," committing honor killings, committing rape as "punishment," - the list goes on.

The basic tenet of nearly all religions is to love your fellow man - that is unless he is of a different religion/faith then the gloves come off.

:signfunny:

So what you're basically saying is, eff religion. doh! Point proven again.

Yes, it really sucked when there was prayer in school. All the violence and drugs.

Nowadays schools are drug free non-violent paradises. hm

:signfunny:

:devil: ??

:angel: ??

hm

:censored:

Suburban Mass. Man: Comics Fan, Math Teacher, Terror Suspect

BOSTON — Tarek Mehanna grew up in Boston's upscale suburbs, earned a doctorate in pharmacology, taught religion and math at a Muslim middle school and was considered a typical American kid by those who knew him. Yet Mehanna, who had Egyptian and U.S. citizenship, told a friend he felt out of place in America, according to documents filed in court. And prosecutors say he used his hostility toward this country in a plot to kill U.S. troops in Iraq, assassinate top politicians and shoot down shoppers in U.S. malls.

Dr. Abdul Cader Asmal, a family friend who was president of the Islamic Center of Boston in Wayland when Mehanna was a middle school student attending weekly religious education classes, remembered him because they shared an interest in Superman. He said Mehanna would bring comics to show in class.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569122,00.html?test=latestnews

What I'm happy about is that our law enforcement agencies are catching more and more of these alleged nut-jobs before they are able to do something terrible. Kudos should go out to these law enforcement officers who work so hard to keep us safe.

(thumbs u

Somehow I doubt this guy was still a Superman fan when the last few screws were coming loose.

If your point was that religions is involved and/or responsible for what I listed then yes, good point. (thumbs u Good job!!

I'm glad my religion is a disoranized mess. :whee:

I thought your cult was getting their stuff together...after the whole incest scandal and church embesslement, I thought for sure you guys would try harder..

Hmmm...

Secular/non-religion/agnostic/atheists people like Hitler and Stalin you mean?

:whistle:

I thought your cult was getting their stuff together...after the whole incest scandal and church embesslement, I thought for sure you guys would try harder..

What are you talking about?

I'm not of the Hollywood actor or Investment Banker sect. :makepoint:

I was thinking Tom Cruise follower... :)

Hitler and Stan Lee??? !!! :o

I know enough you can't win a argument about religion and/or politics on a message board. So I just made a few posts and am now leaving this thread...

:ohnoez:

I was thinking Tom Cruise follower... :)

Wow.

Are you somebody who remembers my posts years ago in the water cooler Scientology thread?

(worship)

Hitler and Stan Lee??? !!! :o

I know enough you can't win a argument about religion and/or politics on a message board. So I just made a few posts and am now leaving this thread...

:ohnoez:

Just teasin fellow..just teasin.. :)