• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Get Well Soon, Selegue!

43 posts in this topic

Can't wait to see you well and back posting again! :wishluck:

anyone heard from the ole sea goat :foryou:

My own thread!

This seemed like the best message for a reply.

HOME and ready to kick donkey (if it's a very short donkey so that I don't have to bend my hip over 70 degrees).

The surgery went very well. I got the (better) Birmingham resurfacing rather than total replacement. Faster recovery, much better if I ever need "revision" -- that is, if this one wears out.

I was thinking seriously of coming home Saturday but a couple of small problems kept me in another night. A "vasovegal episode" Saturday morning (precipitous loss of blood pressure, vertigo, sweating, white as a sheet). I had experienced one before so I knew what was going on. No way I could go home with a chance that I might faint with just my wife taking care of me.

Everything was fine by Saturday night and I was ever able to get myself out of bed and about independently, so no problem leaving today.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Jack

anyone heard from the ole sea goat :foryou:

My own thread!

This seemed like the best message for a reply.

HOME and ready to kick donkey (if it's a very short donkey so that I don't have to bend my hip over 70 degrees).

The surgery went very well. I got the (better) Birmingham resurfacing rather than total replacement. Faster recovery, much better if I ever need "revision" -- that is, if this one wears out.

I was thinking seriously of coming home Saturday but a couple of small problems kept me in another night. A "vasovegal episode" Saturday morning (precipitous loss of blood pressure, vertigo, sweating, white as a sheet). I had experienced one before so I knew what was going on. No way I could go home with a chance that I might faint with just my wife taking care of me.

Everything was fine by Saturday night and I was ever able to get myself out of bed and about independently, so no problem leaving today.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Jack

I'm glad to hear this!

That sounds deeply unpleasant. :eek: Very glad you're home and on the mend!

That sounds deeply unpleasant. :eek: Very glad you're home and on the mend!

It wasn't so bad because I knew exactly what to do and it only lasted a few minutes. You should have seen their faces when they measured my blood pressure! They ran to get a manual cuff to make sure. If it were serious they would have given me back some of my blood. I had two pints "banked" -- if I don't use it, they have to throw it out!

Thanks,

Jack

Hi Jack,

Am headed home in two more days,

glad to hear here you be recovering OK as well

will be back in my saddle shortly -

the words of encouragement meant a lot as well

i thank you for scoring some fun stuff from me

- it helped a lot as i have to pay for it all myself,

canceled by the evil empire HMO Aetna like i was,

them citing "undisclosed pre-existing condition"

A three year personal night mare is on the road to recovery