• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BEHOLD . . . BLACK LOTUS

106 posts in this topic

I prefer garbage pail kids.

I loved those as a kid. I need to find a first series set for under $150.

Do they still sell well? I have some first series and a collector box. I've been giving them as birthday gifts when the names match.

The frist series stuff brings decent money. Sets get $100-250 depending on condition. Not sure about singles.

What is a collector's box?

It is a green plastic box for holding the cards that was produced by GPK in the 80s and it has Adam Bomb, the first GPK, on the front.

What I want to know is what the card does for you...I mean does it add Magic to your Gathering of druids, orcs, and lesser imps?

I don't get it.

It does one thing for you - speed. If you have that card in your opening draw, chances are you can hit the other guy before he hits you and an early advantage often means an eventual win.

having never played magic, presumably you cant lose the card (like flipping baseball cards)? I would be quite annoyed to have another player take that form me.

and once it is "slabbed" do people play with those cards?

What I want to know is what the card does for you...I mean does it add Magic to your Gathering of druids, orcs, and lesser imps?

I don't get it.

It does one thing for you - speed. If you have that card in your opening draw, chances are you can hit the other guy before he hits you and an early advantage often means an eventual win.

having never played magic, presumably you cant lose the card (like flipping baseball cards)? I would be quite annoyed to have another player take that form me.

Initially the idea was to play a duel and each player flipped the top card of their deck and put those cards aside. The winner of the duel took both cards. It was rarely, if ever, actually done. Players hate to lose their best cards.

Do they still sell well? I have some first series and a collector box. I've been giving them as birthday gifts when the names match.

The frist series stuff brings decent money. Sets get $100-250 depending on condition. Not sure about singles.

It is a green plastic box for holding the cards that was produced by GPK in the 80s and it has Adam Bomb, the first GPK, on the front.

Have a picture? I'd like to see that.

Sure.

295656131077_0_1.jpg

295656172165_0_1.jpg

Sure.

295656131077_0_1.jpg

295656172165_0_1.jpg

Nice. Let me know if you ever decide to sell it.

Sure.

295656131077_0_1.jpg

You don't want this one anyway, there's a split at the hinge of the box. Saw a couple on the bay that looked pristine.

Sure.

295656131077_0_1.jpg

You don't want this one anyway, there's a split at the hinge of the box. Saw a couple on the bay that looked pristine.

Just looked. Thanks!

I don't get it.

If you can manage to find a "Type 1" tourney anywhere nowadays (shrug) and have the slabbed card onhand, usually they will let you proxy the card (thumbs u (use a stand in, usually a land). I still have the majority of my collection, about 200k cards from back when it started in 1993. And yes, the Alpha Black Lotus is now more desirable than the Beta because it can be played in Type 1 legal tournaments with a COLORED SLEEVE(cant tell the difference in the rounded corners with colored sleeves on your deck).

I don't get it.

If you can manage to find a "Type 1" tourney anywhere nowadays (shrug) and have the slabbed card onhand, usually they will let you proxy the card (thumbs u (use a stand in, usually a land). I still have the majority of my collection, about 200k cards from back when it started in 1993. And yes, the Alpha Black Lotus is now more desirable than the Beta because it can be played in Type 1 legal tournaments with a COLORED SLEEVE(cant tell the difference in the rounded corners with colored sleeves on your deck).

You can remember all that but you can't find an Avengers 195? (shrug)

A collection of cards on a pallet is much easier to view/locate than a rather unique Mass Avengers 195 :grin:....no worries though, it will be found (thumbs u . Have patience amigo ;)

How much more patience do I need? I have already waited a year and a half. :baiting:

A collection of cards on a pallet is much easier to view/locate than a rather unique Mass Avengers 195 :grin:....no worries though, it will be found (thumbs u . Have patience amigo ;)

How much more patience do I need? I have already waited a year and a half. :baiting:

When I stop by Brad's over Thanksgiving or Christmas I will help him dig for it. I always find interesting stuff for myself when I comb through his books anyway.

I don't get it.

Bradley: I have nothing but the utmost respect for you and your family and consider you a super close friend but I really wish I didn't know that you know all this stuff. Any other "stereotypical" facts that I'm going to learn about you in the coming years...pog collection? Your vast knowledge of D and D (both basic and advance levels), You and Erica live in your mothers basement?

Jim

I don't get it.

Bradley: I have nothing but the utmost respect for you and your family and consider you a super close friend but I really wish I didn't know that you know all this stuff. Any other "stereotypical" facts that I'm going to learn about you in the coming years...pog collection? Your vast knowledge of D and D (both basic and advance levels), You and Erica live in your mothers basement?

Jim

Feels like I walked into a gaming room full of 14 year olds in the 90's. Very Twilight Zone-like.

Anybody wanna run in the under ground sewers and play Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers?

:insane: