• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonder Woman - Diana Prince

79 posts in this topic

Incredible run - the Emma Peel/Modesty Blaise inspired Wonder Woman always struck me as a cool concept - though I'm not sure if I've ever read any of the stories ( though I've got a copy of 200 floating around somewhere - for the cover alone).

Thanks for posting them all - as there are some great covers I'm unfamiliar with.

Is the series worth reading? Or at least specific issues?

I have to admit I've never been a WW fan, but if DC brought back this version with a cool retro feel and a solid creative team - I'd check it out.

Wow! Great run!

I have thought about getting the whole set, but so far just have these two:

ww94s.jpg

and these two Oaklands:

ll93.jpg

wf204.jpg

As good as a start as that may seem, the task of getting all of them that nice seems both daunting and expensive, they are no bargain anymore, and have quite a following.

As far as another "mini run" to do, that could compliment your Diana Prince run, consider Sensation Comics 94-106 the "All girl issues" very cool atomic age stuff that can be challenging and alot of fun.

opg.jpg

Those who do collect them probably wouldn't appreciate me recruiting a competitor to their seldomly seen treasures! lol

It took me forever to find the Wonder Woman #178 in 9.4 like you already have. The come up from time to time but not often. That does surprise me as they are worth upwards of $1000 in 9.6 so you think people would be hunting these books down more often. That is a good idea with the sensation comics! It goes on the list with the other ideas!

Good advice Silverandbronze.

It wasn't as though I was going to sell them tomorrow but it is nice to hear someone had the same thoughts in a similar situation! I had decided though that if I sold them all it would be in exchange for a single book (maybe an AF15 or a sensation #1 in low grade) which would have been fun.

That is a great run. Did you ask Gemma to set it up on the registry? AF15 / Sensation 1 is too easy. You need to go after something harder.

Can a registry be set up to encompass numerous titles or does it have to be a solid run within a single title?

Whips and chains (:

Sorry. There's not a whip in sight. The chains alone will have to do.

;)

Here though you can have a front seat while Wonder Woman takes on the dastardly Catwoman:

WonderWoman201.jpg

WonderWoman202.jpg

:luhv: