• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your other hobbies?

112 posts in this topic

Wow, that's a lot of coins! :applause: Thomas was kind enough to send me a ton of info on metal detectors. I do plan on purchasing one sometime this year.

I'm interested in doing this also. I read that the Garett Detectors are pretty good for the price. ?

DRX

Garrett is one of the major players and they are all pretty competitive price wise. I have only used Whites but the seven or so major brands all make good machines as long as you take the time to learn them. Go here to see about each brand

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,208.0.html

You will hear the different arguments about who makes the best, kind of like the Marvel vs DC thing in our comic world.

Good Luck.

Very cool! I hope to take up metal detecting when I retire.

When I'm at the beach with my kids, I secretly bury quarters and half dollars in the sand and find them with my "powers" and magic stick ;)

Getting older, though, I'm often forgeting where I buried them...must be 20 bucks or so down there! lol

NASCAR, I GO TO BRISTOL EVERY TIME THE PLACE IS OPEN, love Doctor Who, ever since i was a kid about 1979 i guess pbs was airing it, topps baseball cards, david reutimann die-casts, any and all truck series die-casts, my garden, my home-made ice cream, my home made wine, drinking a lot of beer(mostly at the world famous bulls gap vfw), wrestling, titans and volunteer football, 4 kids, 1 wife(22 years), 8 cats and a dog named charlie, not to mention working on my house and ford pickup. video games, music, im sure im leaving stuff out, but i wanted to make this a quick answer.

Naming navel lint.

There was a guy who got on to TV in Australia for collecting his lint. He accumulated huge jars of colour coordinated lint. He discovered the secret that lint matches the colour of your towel for the day. Ripley's Believe It Or Not came and bought it from him.

On topic....

I collect records which forms part of my DJing hobby. Keeps me entertained and sometimes even other people.

I like a bit of drawing but find it hard to find the time.