• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty Book of the Day 1/21/04

28 posts in this topic

Awesome! 893applaud-thumb.gif

One of my all-time favorite books...Scrooge was one of the few major Disney Characters introduced in comic books before hitting the movie and TV scene.

Beautiful book! thumbsup2.gif Looks like your scanner is up and running now so we'll look forward to more offerings.

Ace, I think it's time for you to spring for a scanner yourself to share some of your own collection with us. grin.gif

My 16 year old Son & I were just stunned looking at it. He loves Carl Barks & the Ducks. All he could say was WOW,INCREDIBLE!!!!! & IT IS!!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

That is great that your son is into Duck books. They are the best comics ever written! I've read and re-read my copies of the GK reprints, purchased when I was a kid in the 1970s, more times than I can count, but I still enjoy breaking them out every now and then to catch up on their adventures. I can only hope that my daughter, when she's old enough to read, will enjoy them too.

tt: who did the cover? That's not Barks, at least Donald and the boys aren't... the bears look like they could be Barks...

To be honest, I've always assumed it was Barks, as the style looks similar to the renderings of Donald on the covers of various WDC&Ss during the 1940s, which I also assumed were by Barks. The story inside is definitely Barks through and through. But, as you point out, the bears clearly look more Barks-ian, which highlights the un-Barks-ian rendition of the ducks, so perhaps you're onto something.

Were the covers of the various Dell Disney books in the 1940s rendered by house artists, rather than the artist of the story inside? Perhaps one of the true duck experts such as Michael Naiman or Keith Contarino could shed some light on this.

Unbelievable (in lack of an adequate superlative). That has to be the

most beautiful Four Color I have ever seen. I suspect I either know

you already or that we must have been bidding against each other

in the past.