• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Borderline comic book, or clear cut ?

10 posts in this topic

So whats the definition of a comic to you? Whats the official definition anyway, with text picture arrangement / ratios? I'm considering sending in one of these old Norwegian books from the late 1920's for slabbing.

pictureCACFOR9F.jpg

The format is 16.8 x 27.6cm, 32 pages in black/white red/green. The text / pics on each page is aligned like this:

nyquist_pasan.jpg

I wonder if CGC will accept it. (note the sample pics are not from my issue, but taken from the same series)

I'm not sure if they will certify that book. They have certified Platinum age books before, but I'm not certain on how wide of a selection of platinum books they will certify. You might want to call or email them before spending the money to ship it to them.

Should give them a call first, yes. Altho I would send it in a bulk with other stuff so the loss wouldnt be too great I suppose, but I dont like the thought of shipping scarse books accross the world for the fun of it.

About the political correctness aspect of the content of some of these books, yeah - its quite frankly horrendous. Baffeling to see what people could get away with in the 1920's. :o

I don't see any reason why CGC wouldn't slab that book. Some of the plats are just too thick to slab, but yours seems to be a saddle stitched pamphlet like any other regular comic book. Even the overall dimensions of 6.61" x 10.86" are very close to a regular comic book. The only catch would be that the book would have to be turned sideways to fit in the slab.