• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And people wonder why folks get a little bit peeved...

1,324 posts in this topic

In case people dont remember what this thread was started about, it was because pro-pressers and pressers were called dirtbags.

Now, continue on with your regularly scheduled henny-clucking

I think anyone who starts either a pro or anti pressing thread is a dirtbag! :sumo:

:jokealert:

I'm not calling anyone, especially I would never call Arex a dirtbag!!! (He's too big and would break my scawny neck)

:screwy:

If you buy a used car, would you get upset if the dealership washed the car for you?

Hell yeah, if the dealership covertly disassembled the car to wash it. lol

Come to think of it, if the dealership tacked on a 1500 dollar premium for a non-disclosed 30 dollar wash, that might be upsetting. :baiting:

:insane:

So if pressing is not restoration, if it does no damage to the book, if it is ethical and above board...

Why would a woman of Susan's knowledge, experience, expertise and stellar reputation (let's face it, she's probably one of the top three restorers/conservators of comic books in the industry, if not the premier) refuse to simply press a book? hm

Susan pressed nearly the entire Recil Macon collection. They were stored in such a way that a majority had a wave to them and wouldn't lay flat. She took Greg Buls' money and pressed those suckers flat. Beautiful books BTW. I'm proud of the few that I have, pressing and all...

Greg Buls...now THERE'S a name you don't see every day.....

That guy still owes me a couple hundred dollars...

There's no doubt in my mind -- that while there are some people who press for the aesthetics, the vast majority are doing it purely for profit.

aka "dirtbags"

This thread has finally come full circle! :acclaim:

There's no doubt in my mind -- that while there are some people who press for the aesthetics, the vast majority are doing it purely for profit.

aka "dirtbags"

This thread has finally come full circle! :acclaim:

Yes, the full circle being your azzh --- awww forget it. :acclaim:

What, you want more...?

316.jpg

She has a little junk in the trunk.

Hell, she has someone else's junk in there, too. :eek:

and their trunk, too

Oh, and a respite:

326.jpg

Dude, why are you dressed like a 7 year old at gym class? More importantly, where did u find pink frilly lacy socks in your size? Alright, maybe that’s not more important, but i’m still curious.

Maybe a little bi-curious?

:whee:

Oh, and a respite:

326.jpg

Dude, why are you dressed like a 7 year old at gym class? More importantly, where did u find pink frilly lacy socks in your size? Alright, maybe that’s not more important, but i’m still curious.

Dude. So gay.

Not that there is anything wrong with that..........Oh......wait.