• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And people wonder why folks get a little bit peeved...

1,324 posts in this topic

Nah. He had over 800 before this thread started....plus, he was being sarcastic. ;)

DiceX being sarcastic?? How dare he introduce levity to this thread!!!!

Limey. :baiting:

Wannabe Limey. :baiting:

Give us 6 more months. I think we'll be there.

Nah. He had over 800 before this thread started....plus, he was being sarcastic. ;)

Lemoney

Lemoney

Grapefruitey :makepoint:

Lemoney

I was wondering whether you were going to chime in with that. :applause:

Lemoney

Cherry

Lemoney

Threadcrapperey. :sumo:

The wifey rented G.I. Joe for us tonight (it's going to royally suck I think) so I am going to go watch that now. If anybody, be it pro presser or anti presser ever finds out if we're actually doing any harm to these books and if so, how much, please be kind enough to let me know. I'm too lazy to figure all this out myself.

There are many things that cause damage/ shorten the life of your comic. Not using gloves, moving the book from one part of the country to another, heck moving it from one part of a house to another will cause a shortened life span. The book will become "acclimated" to certain environmental conditions and once moved poof the book will need to re-acclimate to another environment causing potential damage. Is the temperature in your house a constant? No? yep there goes a little bit years off the book. Replace your carpet or are you using particle wood in the room with your books well the chemical gases just damaged your books. How about humidity? Do you like to take a nice hot shower? Well that just cause a a small change’s in the home humidity destabilizing the environment your books are stored in..

If you don't like pressing fine, but to use the damage agrument is lame.

As I said earlier then, since everything cause damage to them and there's no point in trying to minimize it, you might as well just store them outside on the sidewalk...or perhaps store them on a windowsill in direct sunlight so you can see and admire them better throughout the day.

Boy, you sure like hyperbole. What we are saying is that any damage done by pressing is just as inconsequential as say putting your comic in a hot car as you take it home after buying it from the store. Sure, you might have damaged it a tiny bit but it will have little affect on the lifespan of the book. Capiche.

Lemoney

Cherry

As old as I am, if I still had a cherry it would have fruit flies.

Domo's posting style reminds me of black hearted dwarf.

hm

Mine eyes have been opened. It's so obvious, I don't know how I missed it. :makepoint:

hm

Mine eyes have been opened. It's so obvious, I don't know how I missed it. :makepoint:

:preach:

hm

:preach:

I think you have me by a few months, butterbean. :P