• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Price on Adventures of Super Mario Brothers?

11 posts in this topic

Anyone have any idea what these go for? I found four of the later issues (9 issue series) and checking Mile High and Lone Star they have no copies in stock. Which is pretty amazing, particularly in Lone Star's case. On ebay I could only find a copy of #9 in FN for $14.99.

So apparently there is more demand than supply on these. Anyone have an idea on a strong retail price for these?

Thanks,

Marc

i have some that are slightly larger with heavier stock glossy covers. i think they came with nintendo games or something. i never see them listed anywhere. i know i have zelda #3 in the super glossy and regular formats.

Mile High at one time had the publisher remainder on these books, I bought most of them from him in 2000-2001 era. I sold over 1000 copies of these assorted Nintendo comics back in the early Ebay days $5.00-$10.00 each, but some select Zelda issues I got $50.00.

I have a (mostly) complete set of the Valiant Nintendo comics...just need a few of the variant TPBs. I've sold a lot of my dupes over the years. You will find that there are Nintendo collectors out there that love these AND Valiant completists who like to get 'em as well.

DAN

Well, as a self-proclaimed expert on these I will chime in...

They are tough in high grade. The AoSMB series had paper covers and did not hold up well to reading by kids. They are not "rare". (Nearly) All the Valiant Nintendo books were printed in large numbers, but they were mostly sold outside of comic shops.

If you scour ebay for these, they appear often in lots from non-comic people, and are usually bid up to at least $2 each including postage. If the lots contain cardstock SMB or Zelda issues, they can reach $5/book.

When lots appear that are from comic-people, and the books look like they have been cared for, they can go higher.

I would predict that full sets of the AoSMB series would fare very well on eBay. $30/set likely for books in decent shape.

At shows, I sell these quite a bit. For AoSMB, I have them priced from $0.50-$2 for books below VF, and about $5 for books in good shape. Within the 9 issue run, the last three appear less often, IMO. For some reason the #3, 4 and 6 are very common.

It's also worthy to note that these books contain a lot of stories reprinted from the cardstock cover books. But Mario is popular right now and I find that these are being bought for kids to read, not as collectibles per-se.

If you have honest to goodness CGC 9.8 candidates, I pay $10 each for books I already do not have in 9.8.