• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who has the best superhero origin?

77 posts in this topic

no poll just your thoughts, I was thinking the other day why are some of these superheroes so insanely popular and it keeps coming back to they have great origins. The ones I like Batman(you really can`t beat his origin, a classic) Superman and Spider-man. I don`t really see how these three can be trumped, even Wolverine`s is confusing. any thoughts on good origins,even the bad?

don't know whether you'd class him as a superhero, but The Punishers origin is pretty basic and cool (and it dosen't involve chemicals/ radiation) and also Batman, so Im gonna go for revenge driving the need to put on spandex three size to small and run around on rooftops!

Arnold Drake's Deadman origin might be the winner for High-Concept simplicity itself.

1. Protagonist is killed.

2. He comes back as a ghost to catch his killer.

3. Game on.

Going back I've come to appreciate Batman's Origin the most. Really Batman's origin can span a lifetime because his origin stems back from childhood until a young adult when he actually becomes Batman so there are multiple stories to tell.

Very tragic. Answers the question of if you didn't have superpowers but unlimited resources and a life time to prepare yourself, what kind of a person can you transform yourself into. Also what kind of drive and psyche does it take to become Batman.