• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do Anti-Pressers HATE pressing?

1,017 posts in this topic

Do they still CPR in house?

They do.

Technically, CCS provides a pressing service while CGC provides a grading service.

To my knowledge, they don't solicit one to the other.

Damn those pesky Chinese walls. :sumo:

I've had my concern about that, which I've vocalized to CGC.

Since CCS has been acquired by CGC, CCS has been directly responsible for changing CGC's grading standards towards pressed books - which I find a conflict of interest, even if they don't know which books are from CCS.

Now that Matt has crossed over as a Primary CGC grader from CCS there would be further influence on CGC grading standards, placing all books which were not pressed by CCS on an uneven playing field.

Am I wrong in thinking that?

They do.

Technically, CCS provides a pressing service while CGC provides a grading service.

Since CCS has been acquired by CGC, CCS has been directly responsible for changing CGC's grading standards towards pressed books - which I find a conflict of interest, even if they don't know which books are from CCS.

Now that Matt has crossed over as a Primary CGC grader from CCS there would be further influence on CGC grading standards, placing all books which were not pressed by CCS on an uneven playing field.

No...at best it becomes an image issue...at worst...well...it's a huge temptation that I wish didn't exist.

For the record I blame Greggy
Thought you were in Japan.

If so, go out so you can tower over the locals, midget.

They do.

I was under the impression, maybe incorrectly, that any books pressed by CCS then forwarded directly to CGC were treated as any other book coming from any other source. From what I've read here long ago CGC is not aware that a book has been pressed by a CCS.

Is this not the case?

They do.

I was under the impression, maybe incorrectly, that any books pressed by CCS then forwarded directly to CGC were treated as any other book coming from any other source. From what I've read here long ago CGC is not aware that a book has been pressed by a CCS.

Is this not the case?

:roflmao:

They do.

Is this not the case?

I try. lol

They do.

Is this not the case?

It's certainly what they claim, and, as far as I know, it's what they do.

They do.

Is this not the case?

Exactly.

When a CCS pressing shrinks the cover, or partially pulls the cover away from the staples, or causes a pen arrival date to run, or introduces a horizontal crease where the overhang used to be, or causes a slightly impacted staple to become more impacted, how impartial do you think the grading will be when it's done by the same company doing the pressing, directed by the person who set up the in-house pressing shop in the first place?

Is this not the case?

From what I understand, and from what I've been told by CGC that is exactly how it works.

Basically, whether pressed or not, CGC is not aware of the source of the book in front of them.

When a CCS pressing shrinks the cover, or partially pulls the cover away from the staples, or causes a pen arrival date to run, or introduces a horizontal crease where the overhang used to be, or causes a slightly impacted staple to become more impacted, how impartial do you think the grading will be when it's done by the same company doing the pressing, directed by the person who set up the in-house pressing shop in the first place?

Did you once post a pedigree book whose pen arrival date had been smeared due to improper pressing/hydration? Is so, could you post the book again?

I want to say it was an early FF book.

They do.

Doesn't sound like something a company concerned with impartiality would do.

I don't remember which book I have scanned and posted, but it happened several times with White Mountains. CGC ignored it.

Found it here.

Whitemountian_zps994fc3cf.jpg

Didn't some knucklehead post that it could have happened from shipping back when it was first posted.