• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heee's Back!

26 posts in this topic

From Lying in the gutters:

MAKING YOUR X

There are other significant changes coming to the X-stable that apparently I can talk about. Chris Claremont and Alan Davis are believed to be working together on an ongoing X-Men title, probably "Uncanny X-Men." I understand Davis has been paid a significant over-the-odds amount to return to this title, a page rate of over 500 dollars a page - and that's before royalties or art sales come into it. Neither Claremont or Davis returned e-mails.

I also hear that Rob Liefeld is to take full creative reins on a new "X-Force" title, as Marvel outsource the entire creative and editorial responsibilities on the book to him. Liefeld will also be responsible for producing a range of one-shots and mini-series associated with the project. Expect the return of a number of his New Mutants and X-Force characters. Liefeld declined to comment.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Could Liefield possibly be the most overrated person in comics…ever?

I had the chance to meet him once when Image was doing one of their tour things. I thought he was a pompous [!@#%^&^]. On the other spectrum was Erick Larsen. He was very pleasant.

Could Liefield possibly be the most overrated person in comics…ever?

I think Liefield being an artist in comics is equally balanced with the historic moment when "Mr. Dylan, you sure can sing." was quoted.

They must have the same agent.

makepoint.gif

And yes. Eric Larsen is a fantastic person to talk to.

I have a comic he signed when I met him and will cherish it forever. cloud9.gif

Unless you count McFarlane and Spawn, but Larsen actually did his own books.

I read somewhere that Larsen has never been late on a single issue of Savage Dragon. I am not a fan of the title, but considering all the other titles he contribute to he has got to be one of the busiest guys in comics.

I think Liefield should go back to doing blue jean commercials (anyone remember those?).

I also hear that Rob Liefeld is to take full creative reins on a new "X-Force" title, as Marvel outsource the entire creative and editorial responsibilities on the book to him.

That is good news indeed. Oh how I have missed the identical facial expression on every character. I can hardly wait for all his great new characters creations. What characters are left for him to plagiarize?

Liefeld=overrated POS sleeping.gif

So if Liefeld is back at Marvel, does this mean that Captain America will finally get his breasts back.... confused-smiley-013.gif

I think this is the picture you're refering to.

lol

liefeld_cap.gif

Does anyone remember which book it was that Ravishing Rob drew like two left (or right) hands on a guy?

It was on a cover if I remember correctly.

And it was one of his more popular books.

I can't remember which it was. makepoint.gif

From my understanding, here is the deal with Rob.

He was one of the hot new artists following Todd McFarlane. It didn’t have to be good, it was different and compared to how little character appearance had changed since the start of comics. X-Force and Cable were a hit at the time and Liefield was considered a hot commodity.

Then he helped for Image. People quickly learned he was a one-trick pony that had zero originality when it came to characters and art.

Worst Modern Comic Artist?

I have seen worse than Rob, but I could not give their names.

My favorite artist is an acquired taste, Sam Kieth. I have seen him get slammed a bit and though understand critics opinions, I don’t think they understand his art.

My favorite artist is an acquired taste, Sam Kieth. I have seen him get slammed a bit and though understand critics opinions, I don’t think they understand his art.

Sam is one of my top 5 favorites of all time.

You're right. Not many people get it, and they give you a googlie eye when you say something about it.

His run on Marvel Comics Presents was incredible.

Have you seen the Wolverine mini bust that's designed after Kieth? 893applaud-thumb.gif

Does anyone remember which book it was that Ravishing Rob drew like two left (or right) hands on a guy?

It was on a cover if I remember correctly.

And it was one of his more popular books.

I can't remember which it was. makepoint.gif

I think it was Xforce 04

375225-cover.jpg

375225-cover.jpg.415694994739ebbe1f1be88c150af4cf.jpg