• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Four Color

53 posts in this topic

I loves me my Four Color books.

FourColor12.jpg

Copycat:

FourColor12fc75.jpg

You got me hooked.

Al Stoltz had a highest graded copy of that issue...9.0/9.2...can't remember.

Love it! Fun read too.

hint the early Barks Four Color Donald Ducks are worth a bundle ;)

True, but some of the later Barks ducks are surprisingly cheap compared to some of the four colors based on movies and TV shows. I assume the print runs on the duck issues were a lot higher.

Well, in the Guide yes, those movie and TV shows FCs are high but therefore since OSPG estimated demand is out of step with actual demand, they end up languishing in dealers' boxes at those inflated prices ...

Yeah, I was going by Overstreet and what seem like really high prices for Andy Griffith and such. It is the case, though, that most of the later Barks ducks are readily available dirt cheap in low to mid grade.

FourColor12.jpg

FourColor30.jpg

love the first one Roy...gonna hunt me down a copy of that one

Both by Ken Hultgren -- people toss around "underappreciated artist" often, but there's someone that really deserves the label.

These beautiful Disney covers, utterly distinctive funny animal work for ACG, etc. A giant in genres that most collectors ignore.

Jack

Two of Al's File Copies from Chicago:

image-15.jpg

image-17.jpg

That was the sweetest batch of 4 colors I had ever seen. I'm not sure the entire collection consisted of file copies, though. I know the collection had a mix of the owner's initial collection, as well as file copies from when they were first sold off. I passed on the ones you have, and was beaten to the first Tweety and Sylvester in probably a 9.4, but picked up a bunch of gorgeous Looney Tunes.

IMG_0001-19.jpg

Those are terrific, Roy!

Not the sort of thing I'm used to seeing you post. Not a slab, spandex or green dress in sight!

Jack

You should see what else I keep locked up in the dungeon.

lol