• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Oz book collection

25 posts in this topic

A big thank you to Rick (ArAich) for selling to me his wonderful collection of Oz books. I am humbled that Rick agreed to pass these along to me after having them in his collection for over 40 years!!

Thanks Rick!! (thumbs u

The Gnome King of Oz

Rinkitink of Oz

Kabumpo in Oz

The Cowardly Lion of Oz

Captain Salt in Oz

The Giant Horse of Oz

Speedy in Oz

Jack Pumpkinhead of Oz

The Lost Princess of Oz

The Scarecrow of Oz

The Tin Woodman of Oz

Ozoplaning With the Wizard of Oz

Ozma of Oz

The Scalawagons of Oz

Lucky Bucky in Oz

The Pirates of Oz

The Lost King of Oz

The Patchwork Girl of Oz

Grandpa in Oz

The Yellow Knight of Oz

Wonder City of Oz

Ojo in Oz

The Road to Oz

The Hungry Tiger of Oz

The Wizard of Oz

ozbooksset1.jpg

ozbooksset2.jpg

A big thank you to Rick (ArAich) for selling to me his wonderful collection of Oz books. I am humbled that Rick agreed to pass these along to me after having them in his collection for over 40 years!!

Thanks Rick!! (thumbs u

The Gnome King of Oz

Rinkitink of Oz

Kabumpo in Oz

The Cowardly Lion of Oz

Captain Salt in Oz

The Giant Horse of Oz

Speedy in Oz

Jack Pumpkinhead of Oz

The Lost Princess of Oz

The Scarecrow of Oz

The Tin Woodman of Oz

Ozoplaning With the Wizard of Oz

Ozma of Oz

The Scalawagons of Oz

Lucky Bucky in Oz

The Pirates of Oz

The Lost King of Oz

The Patchwork Girl of Oz

Grandpa in Oz

The Yellow Knight of Oz

Wonder City of Oz

Ojo in Oz

The Road to Oz

The Hungry Tiger of Oz

The Wizard of Oz

ozbooksset1.jpg

ozbooksset2.jpg

:o:o:o(worship)(worship)(worship)

Those are all beautiful examples. I have been strongly considering putting together a collection of these with my wife - and probably already would have if she hadn't gotten hooked on comics.

Great to see you be able to keep that great collection together and thanks for sharing it.

Must...resist...obsessive...compulsion...to...start...collecting...first...state...first...edition...Oz...books...!!!

Congrats on your pick up! I loved reading the Oz series when I was a kid.

Beautiful covers. When were they published?

I cant wait for these to get here. They are all early printings, and many are first editions. The copyright years are as follows:

The Gnome King of Oz = 1927

Rinkitink of Oz = 1916

Kabumpo in Oz = 1922

The Cowardly Lion of Oz = 1923

Captain Salt in Oz = 1936

The Giant Horse of Oz = 1929

Speedy in Oz = 1934

Jack Pumpkinhead of Oz = 1929

The Lost Princess of Oz = 1917

The Scarecrow of Oz = 1915

The Tin Woodman of Oz = 1918

Ozoplaning With the Wizard of Oz = 1939

Ozma of Oz = 1907

The Scalawagons of Oz = 1941

Lucky Bucky in Oz = 1942

The Pirates of Oz = 1931

The Lost King of Oz = 1925

The Patchwork Girl of Oz = 1913

Grandpa in Oz = 1924

The Yellow Knight of Oz = 1930

Wonder City of Oz = 1940

Ojo in Oz = 1933

The Road to Oz = 1909

The Hungry Tiger of Oz = 1926

The Wizard of Oz = 1903

Beautiful covers. When were they published?

I cant wait for these to get here. They are all early printings, and many are first editions. The copyright years are as follows:

The Gnome King of Oz = 1927

Rinkitink of Oz = 1916

Kabumpo in Oz = 1922

The Cowardly Lion of Oz = 1923

Captain Salt in Oz = 1936

The Giant Horse of Oz = 1929

Speedy in Oz = 1934

Jack Pumpkinhead of Oz = 1929

The Lost Princess of Oz = 1917

The Scarecrow of Oz = 1915

The Tin Woodman of Oz = 1918

Ozoplaning With the Wizard of Oz = 1939

Ozma of Oz = 1907

The Scalawagons of Oz = 1941

Lucky Bucky in Oz = 1942

The Pirates of Oz = 1931

The Lost King of Oz = 1925

The Patchwork Girl of Oz = 1913

Grandpa in Oz = 1924

The Yellow Knight of Oz = 1930

Wonder City of Oz = 1940

Ojo in Oz = 1933

The Road to Oz = 1909

The Hungry Tiger of Oz = 1926

The Wizard of Oz = 1903

Those are wonderful books!

Great looking books!

With the unending popularity of the Wizard of Oz, and the current craze for young-adult fantasy fiction, why in the world hasn't another film been made based on these works? Is it because the lure of the Wizard of Oz is Dorothy's "stranger in a strange land" story? Is Wonderland wonderful without Alice?

Great looking books!

With the unending popularity of the Wizard of Oz, and the current craze for young-adult fantasy fiction, why in the world hasn't another film been made based on these works? Is it because the lure of the Wizard of Oz is Dorothy's "stranger in a strange land" story? Is Wonderland wonderful without Alice?

Actually, there was a second film made called Return to Oz in 1985 which was based on the Baum books Ozma of Oz and the Marvelous Land of Oz.. It did not do well at the box office but is considered by many a cult classic. I personally love the movie and highly reccomend it - much darker than the Wizard of Oz.

These are way cool. I read them as a kid... there were cheap paperback reprints of the first 14 (!) in the series in the late 70s/early 80s, and I had them all. I really liked them a lot!

Great looking books!

Actually, there was a second film made called Return to Oz in 1985 which was based on the Baum books Ozma of Oz and the Marvelous Land of Oz.. It did not do well at the box office but is considered by many a cult classic. I personally love the movie and highly reccomend it - much darker than the Wizard of Oz.

Last year's TV mini-series "Tin Man" based on the characters. However, most people's connection is to MGM's 1939 movie and not to Baum's (and others) fun books. The books don't get read much but the classic characters keep living on. A movie version of "Wicked" seems most likely to be the next big shot at a successful film.

Must...resist...obsessive...compulsion...to...start...collecting...first...state...first...edition...Oz...books...!!!

Congrats on your pick up! I loved reading the Oz series when I was a kid.

Congrats, Sardo! What a thrill to get the entire set a one time! :applause: The John R Neill cover and interior illustration art is superb.

I read several of them as a young whippersnapper and enjoyed them. As a kid, I liked the fact that they were written in a different era with a somewhat archaic style though I think that has led to the difficulty in translating them to film.