• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If anyone is looking to buy me a Christmas present

19 posts in this topic

I'd be happy with this. Thanks in advance!! (thumbs u :banana:

My Gift?

Wow! I could get almost $160.00 in eBay bucks back too! :/

Yes, but make sure to add insurance to the sale.

ITEM(S) WILL BE SENT USPS PRIORITY MAIL WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION. INSURANCE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED AS LIABILITY WILL NOT BE HELD AGAINST THE SELLER FOR POST OFFICE NEGLIGENCE OR DAMAGE. USPS INSURANCE FEES - $1.70 FOR $0.01 TO $50 INSURANCE COVERAGE, $2.15 FOR $50.01 TO $100, $2.60 FOR $100.01 TO $200, $4.60 FOR $200.01 TO $300, $5.55 FOR $300.01 TO $400, $6.50 FOR $400.01 TO $500, $7.45 FOR $500.01 TO $600, $7.45 PLUS $0.95 PER $100 OR FRACTION THEREOF OVER $600 TO $5,000.

I thought the USPS doesn't insure over $500 when shipping Priority. By his calculations, the insurance charge alone would be:

1) Up to $600, $7.45

2) Remaining value of $7,399 = $70.29

3) Total Insurance = $77.74

You can't buy over $500 insurance online, but you can buy it at the post office. It would obviously be smarter (and cheaper) to get Registered Priority Mail.

I don't have GPA right now but I know this is quite a flip! I know the original owner (Todd Lange -zilaf4 on ebay) and he said he put a BIN up on Ebay ($2500 I think) and it sold within a few minutes. A few minutes later he had an email from a guy begging him not to sell it to the gentlemen who won the BIN and offered him $5000. He didn't do it but he realized quickly that he should have started it at $1 and let the bidders take control...

This may actually sell for close to this price! :o

of all the ridiculously skewed price differentials between grades, the 9.8 to 9.9 to 10.0 to me is the most ludicrous.

but whatever floats one's boat

I don't have GPA right now but I know this is quite a flip! I know the original owner (Todd Lange -zilaf4 on ebay) and he said he put a BIN up on Ebay ($2500 I think) and it sold within a few minutes. A few minutes later he had an email from a guy begging him not to sell it to the gentlemen who won the BIN and offered him $5000. He didn't do it but he realized quickly that he should have started it at $1 and let the bidders take control...

I know Todd. He's a solid seller, and a historic undergrader with his auctions because he is so focused on pleasing customers.

He usually starts his auctions at $.99, so he must have been afraid of the craziness of eBay and how some key auctions can go for nothing.

I know Todd. He's a solid seller, and a historic undergrader with his auctions because he is so focused on pleasing customers.

He usually starts his auctions at $.99, so he must have been afraid of the craziness of eBay and how some key auctions can go for nothing.

Yeah, he's a really good guy. I think you are exactly right. I guess he was asking dealers at either Motor City or Chicago Con about what they thought it would go for. Most of the guesses where between $1500-$3000 so he put up a BIN w/ Best Offer option. Oops...

Why get a 9.9 when you can have a 9.8 at a FRACTION of the cost? (shrug)

And I could continue that argument on down the line. Why get a 9.8 when you can have a 9.6 at a fraction of the cost?

And I could continue that argument on down the line. Why get a 9.8 when you can have a 9.6 at a fraction of the cost?

And why get a 9.6 Xenozoic Tales 1 when you can get a 9.4?

:whistle:

I've sold 12 of the 15 Xenozoic Tales slabs. Only the #1, #3 and #9 are left. Seems to me I made a nice offer to someone not too long ago on that #1..... hm

I've sold 12 of the 15 Xenozoic Tales slabs. Only the #1, #3 and #9 are left. Seems to me I made a nice offer to someone not too long ago on that #1..... hm

Are you selling your #9, and if so, what grade and how much. I also need a slabbed #10 and #12. Anyone?? :wishluck:

of all the ridiculously skewed price differentials between grades, the 9.8 to 9.9 to 10.0 to me is the most ludicrous.

but whatever floats one's boat

I agree that the price is outrageous, but it is one gorgeous book!

Are you selling your #9, and if so, what grade and how much. I also need a slabbed #10 and #12. Anyone?? :wishluck:

The #9 is only a 7.0. It was the turd of the bunch. All the rest of them (1 thru 8, 10 thru 14) graded from 9.2 to 9.8.

The #1, #3 and #9 are on eBay right now.

You can't buy over $500 insurance online, but you can buy it at the post office. It would obviously be smarter (and cheaper) to get Registered Priority Mail.

Mmmmm...Lange's Sports. ;)

I've been buying from them since 2000.

Just about everything that he ever graded "NM/M" that's been submitted has come back a 9.8.

:cloud9:

Back in the olden days, before everyone knew, you could get some suh-MOKIN' deals. Now, though, the "NM/M" auctions sell for 20 times the "NM+" ones do. ;)