• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More ebay seller shenanigans?

62 posts in this topic

Unbelievable! I caught another ebay shenaniganer (as George W. might call them): sueprado buys books on ebay, then immediately resells them, jacking up the price with a shill. She (assuming it's a she), then relists the ones that she wins with her shill (clue: the shill has 31 feedback). Once again, it's the unlucky TTA #57 I've been after. I won hers and then checked her new listings and found relists of items that sold previously. Thus my investigation. Many of the books she sells are in her own recent feedback (as buys). At least get a different buying account, insufficiently_thoughtful_person!

im in amazement as i read this,as i just got done dealing with ebay and them looking into sueprado and her shill bids with the d**7(35) buyer that his bid history is on 97% of the auctions for sueproda..the latest being the avengers 57 thats for sale now,WON by d**7 on monday,and now relisted..this seller will be gone hopefully shortly.

..and as a follow up,SUEPRADAfeedback today,recieved was :

Rocket payment. A pleasure to deal with and a credit to eBay. Seller: robojo33 ( 1895) Dec-16-09 12:16

-- -- Private

so most likely a trimmed/color touch book she will be listing as raw..or a slab/cracked out thing... we shall see....

We only need one more to complete the Axis of Comic-Book Flipping Evil...

-slym

its funny how SUEPRADA auctions tonight are all ending at like HALF of what the shilled auctions ended at over the last few weeks...hopefully the seller is eating it with the re-list sales!

the av 57 in cgc 7.0 is next tonight..endedat $82 in november shilled win...see what happens tonight...$53 was the sale tonight..BIG difference

Here's a link to my post awhile back as well...

I caught cdpaoli red-handed trying to resell the FF 45 9.0 PLOD (purchased by aram321 from me) cracked out as an unrestored 9.4 and then he couldn't even get his lies straight...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3441593&fpart=1

BTW...aram321 just recently won/purchased an FF 1-400 set from Adam/filter81 on eBay with a real nice raw #1 which has CT...look for that book to show up with cdpaoli soon as a HG non-restored... doh!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320453696336

I'll say it again...pay attention class! :sumo:

Some of the funny responses ive gotten from the cdpaoli scammer ..I told him he was being called out on a public forum and if he has nothing to hide come on over and defend himself.. I know I would! just a joke!

"Look, I've seen people on the boards absolutely torment regular people who simply ask for harmless things like GPA prices on a comic. I have no doubt that no one will even listen to me and it will be a huge thread of just insulting me. I have no desire whatsoever for this. Look, have you seen this comic come out of a purple label?????? NM 9.4 is my grade of the comic. I have extremely large pictures for other people to agree or disagree with my grade. People like you only want to point fingers without any proof. I'm not saying I'm the victim here, but it's my comic and my opinion of the grade. If you don't want my comics, then just don't bid. Don't accuse me of things I haven't done. "

I also asked him if he still had the PLOD for a book and he told me

"This was not cracked from a purple label case, or any other case for that matter. Why are you harassing me? If this comic was originally in a purple label case, please show me so that I can get a refund on it.Of course I do a resto check and no I'm not a professional grader. It's my opinion as I mentioned before and I'm entitled to it.

:roflmao::roflmao:

-slym

its funny how SUEPRADA auctions tonight are all ending at like HALF of what the shilled auctions ended at over the last few weeks...hopefully the seller is eating it with the re-list sales!

the av 57 in cgc 7.0 is next tonight..endedat $82 in november shilled win...see what happens tonight...$53 was the sale tonight..BIG difference

Sueprado (not prada)... I asked her if she would be letting the shill account bid on her auctions anymore and she said no. She did refund my payment luckily before the item shipped... it is "pending". I'm just cursed at trying to get a decent TTA57!

-slym

Sueprado (not prada)... I asked her if she would be letting the shill account bid on her auctions anymore and she said no. She did refund my payment luckily before the item shipped... it is "pending". I'm just cursed at trying to get a decent TTA57!

..too much christmas shopping for me..been to the mall too much and seeing PRADA stuff everywhere.. so she at least admitted to the shilling? she denied it to me.

Here's a link to my post awhile back as well...

I caught cdpaoli red-handed trying to resell the FF 45 9.0 PLOD (purchased by aram321 from me) cracked out as an unrestored 9.4 and then he couldn't even get his lies straight...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3441593&fpart=1

BTW...aram321 just recently won/purchased an FF 1-400 set from Adam/filter81 on eBay with a real nice raw #1 which has CT...look for that book to show up with cdpaoli soon as a HG non-restored... doh!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320453696336

I'll say it again...pay attention class! :sumo:

My Buddy is actually doing something about cdpaoli, he has filed a formal complaint with the Attorney General of The State Of California about this criminal. Cdpaoli is a Felon at this point based on auction values, and has commited mail fraud outside of state lines which is an FBI matter. Here is the link if anyone is interested in filing an additional complaint as well. Maybe someone should contact the United States Post Master as well? http://www.ag.ca.gov/

I just won something off ebay for a very good price. Right after the auction ended I found something very similar but not the same exact item for sale. Different seller, same location, same description down to the font, size, and color. Same background in the photos, same shipping costs, totally same auction template. But it did have an obviously slightly different signature on the item so I know it's not the one I bought. I thought maybe these two ebay profiles are both the same exact guy and they are used in shill bidding. I looked through my auctions bids and didn't notice any shilling, and it wouldn't really matter if there was since the second item sold for three times what mine did so i'm happy with the price regardless. But is there any ethical reason to have multiple Ebay accounts? I can't think of a reason to have two active Ebay accounts. Both have good feedback too.

I just won something off ebay for a very good price. Right after the auction ended I found something very similar but not the same exact item for sale. Different seller, same location, same description down to the font, size, and color. Same background in the photos, same shipping costs, totally same auction template. But it did have an obviously slightly different signature on the item so I know it's not the one I bought. I thought maybe these two ebay profiles are both the same exact guy and they are used in shill bidding. I looked through my auctions bids and didn't notice any shilling, and it wouldn't really matter if there was since the second item sold for three times what mine did so i'm happy with the price regardless. But is there any ethical reason to have multiple Ebay accounts? I can't think of a reason to have two active Ebay accounts. Both have good feedback too.

having a buyer account,and a seller account is totally ethical.using two accounts to shill auctions is a no-no. i use my buyer account to purchase stuff for my personal collection,as well as the few raw books a month i grab to get graded and slabbed.if they dont get sold here on the boards,they get thrown up on ebay with my other account...is there any thing wrong with that? not at all.

why would i want to list a book underthe same ebay i.d. that has feedback,with the price i paid for it.thats like telling potential buyers what the "reserve $ amount invested in the book is",especially if its a high dollar key book,and you can tell its the same exact book,just now it cgc graded...

i know if i was buying,and doing some reasearch,and saw someone bought a book for $1000,and now has THE SAME BOOK listed for $2500 and cgc graded,that the seller would most likely be willing to part with it for far less than the sale offered price.ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS LISTED AS "BUY IT NOW OR BEST OFFER."

thanks just my 2c

having a buyer account,and a seller account is totally ethical.using two accounts to shill auctions is a no-no. i use my buyer account to purchase stuff for my personal collection,as well as the few raw books a month i grab to get graded and slabbed.if they dont get sold here on the boards,they get thrown up on ebay with my other account...is there any thing wrong with that? not at all.

why would i want to list a book underthe same ebay i.d. that has feedback,with the price i paid for it.thats like telling potential buyers what the "reserve $ amount invested in the book is",especially if its a high dollar key book,and you can tell its the same exact book,just now it cgc graded...

i know if i was buying,and doing some reasearch,and saw someone bought a book for $1000,and now has THE SAME BOOK listed for $2500 and cgc graded,that the seller would most likely be willing to part with it for far less than the sale offered price.ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS LISTED AS "BUY IT NOW OR BEST OFFER."

thanks just my 2c

i see now. the thing is though, both these accounts are used for selling. selling the same types of things i might add. no shilling as far as i can see, and 100% feedback on both accounts, but i am now 100% convinced it's the same guy. i don't care, i think i got a steal on my purchase. i just thought it was odd is all.

thanks just my 2c

i see now. the thing is though, both these accounts are used for selling. selling the same types of things i might add. no shilling as far as i can see, and 100% feedback on both accounts, but i am now 100% convinced it's the same guy. i don't care, i think i got a steal on my purchase. i just thought it was odd is all.

(thumbs u as long as you are happy with the purchase

Hopefully the third time's the charm. I won this nice looking copy of TTA57 tonight.

fingers crossed

:cloud9::acclaim:

looks nice to me (thumbs u :headbang:

Yes, please let us know if this really is in "Fine/Very Fine" condition - because the listing clearly states that the seller is "not a professional grader."

Larry

I'll be happy if it's Fine. At least I trust this seller.

I'll recap:

I started this thread after I won TTA57 from cdpaoli. I was checking out his Daredevil #1 also when I discovered the shilling/relisting/2nd chance offers. I then found that the auction I won was shilled up. That TTA57 was described as NM- but looked no better than Fine (it has since resold just in the last few days). After posting to the boards, I learned of his other tricks so wouldn't be surprised if it was a midgrade PLOD cracked out and described as a clean NM-. When I called him on it, it was too late, it was already in the mail. So when it arrived, I didn't open the package, just marked it "return to sender". I was tracking the package online and it made it back to California, was stalled there for over a week, then it came back to Iowa and was stalled another week. I had to get involved with the Post Office at that point, but it finally made it's way back to him. I got refunded like 3 weeks after I paid for it.

Then there was the sueprado TTA57 that she bought off ebay with water damage and resold not mentioning the water damage (the trail was in her feedback). I remembered the water damaged auction from the original seller but wasn't interested in the book when they were selling. Once again, I already won the auction before finding out. She refunded my payment (however it's still pending)...