• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series and health of high end grails

136 posts in this topic

I'm not a big fan of the SS series, but I get it. Similar to alot of posters in this thread, I just pass them over. To me, the coolest thing about getting a sig is being there when it's done and talking to the artist (I have a few Steranko books I had signed a few years ago).

I do, however, think that some of the more recent "blank sketch covers" are pretty frikkin' cool. I don't own any and doubt I ever will. But, they are fun to look at.

I think it's a bad idea for someone to have a super rare or super high-grade book signed on the cover, but I think it's a fantastic idea that the owner of a book can do whatever he pleases with it.

And CGC making pre-1990 sigs "illegal" will be as effective as marijuana being illegal.

I view it as an artists who signs a painting, its not damaging it. Would you not like an original AF 15 cover art signed by the creator or is it damaged as well? This is the closest Ill get to having one of the original covers signed by a great. I think its fine with me , escpecially if it is cgc ss for the POA.

Would you be for CGC SS setting up parameters that no pre 1990 book could be yellow labeled under program, which would overnight halt the destruction of the high end vintage gems taking place?

Anyone that wants to try and tell me what i can and can't do with my property can eat me. Just because you think something is "destructive," and I respect your right to your opinion, doesn't make it so. I fully expect to be virtually tarred and feathered by the anti-auto crew, so bring it on.

I wouldnt have signed that Tally-Ho but it wasnt my choice.

Would you be for CGC SS setting up parameters that no pre 1990 book could be yellow labeled under program, which would overnight halt the destruction of the high end vintage gems taking place?

Anyone that wants to try and tell me what i can and can't do with my property can eat me. Just because you think something is "destructive," and I respect your right to your opinion, doesn't make it so. I fully expect to be virtually tarred and feathered by the anti-auto crew, so bring it on.

I probably wouldn't have either, if I owned it, and knowing how great his sig looks on mags that he did the cover art to. But I don't think it was defaced or destroyed by being signed by Frazetta. And as Forrest Gump said "That's all I have to say about that," because those Church books get people's dander up.

I probably wouldn't have either, if I owned it, and knowing how great his sig looks on mags that he did the cover art to. But I don't think it was defaced or destroyed by being signed by Frazetta. And as Forrest Gump said "That's all I have to say about that," because those Church books get people's dander up.

I agree.That Vampi 1 is so friggin awesome.My other choice would be the Blazing Combats.You really cant go wrong with either.

But, I would hate to see an Action #1 signed on the cover by George Reeves and Christopher Reeves.

If CGC existed several years before you would pass up an Action #1 signed by Shuster and Siegel?

I have to admit that would be a tough one. But if the Action #1 was a higher grade than a 1.5, then I would have to pass. I would try to come up with a different strategy. Maybe have them sign a card with the CGC serial number of the book, and have CGC encapsulate the card with the book, in the back cover area. With an annotation that CGC witnessed the signing.

I am sure others have better ideas than that, for grail books. Still others would jump at the chance to have a signing by those two on that book.

Either way, the book would be the highlight of anyones collection probably. It would also be worth big bucks either of the three ways mentioned.

But, I would hate to see an Action #1 signed on the cover by George Reeves and Christopher Reeves.

If CGC existed several years before you would pass up an Action #1 signed by Shuster and Siegel?

I have to admit that would be a tough one. But if the Action #1 was a higher grade than a 1.5, then I would have to pass. I would try to come up with a different strategy. Maybe have them sign a card with the CGC serial number of the book, and have CGC encapsulate the card with the book, in the back cover area. With an annotation that CGC witnessed the signing.

I am sure others have better ideas than that, for grail books. Still others would jump at the chance to have a signing by those two on that book.

Either way, the book would be the highlight of anyones collection probably. It would also be worth big bucks either of the three ways mentioned.

I would have them sign the splash page if it were me. I REALLY think that signatures are meant for more common books, but I'd make an exception for those guys, or Bob Kane for that matter.

I would have them sign the splash page if it were me. I REALLY think that signatures are meant for more common books, but I'd make an exception for those guys, or Bob Kane for that matter.

Used to have a restored sp 7.0 signed on the inside cover by Bob Kane.

I miss that book