• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #252 CGC 9.6

12 posts in this topic

I'm not a bid surprised that the Supes #252 went that high. It's a classic DC Bronze cover, right up there with DC 100 Page Super Spectacular #6. I'd have bid on the Supes #252 myself, but I have an undergraded 9.0 that I'm more than happy with.

I'm not a bid surprised that the Supes #252 went that high. It's a classic DC Bronze cover, right up there with DC 100 Page Super Spectacular #6. I'd have bid on the Supes #252 myself, but I have an undergraded 9.0 that I'm more than happy with.
Well...at least it made my recent 9.4 purchase at $399 not that ridiculous now! smirk.gif

hoooolllly craaaap! that is a hefty $$$

i was at eides last week, they had cases of incredible cgc books sitting behind the counter. I could make out some ultra high pre hero tta & tos as well as 100 pagers. Looks like he's listing them now. its a shame i couldn't buy any!

k, look at who won the book, last legit bidders were Dizny and G-man who were maybe bidding against each other as well as with, dare I say it - A SHILL

oh well....tough to outbid pgcmint but that "0" bidder did......there will be another one, there usually is in most cases.

Why is it a shill? Just because he has no feedback yet? Everyone has to start somewhere. It doesn't seem to me that Eides would need to shill his auctions. He has reserves on his books so he will get at least the minimum he is willing to sell for. Why shill on top of that? Very hasty and completely unfounded accusation IMHO 893naughty-thumb.gif

I am not the least surprized and the reason is simple....that book is awesome. Super hard to find (as greggy can verify) and the wrap around cover makes it more atttractive to non-Superman collectors. I would have gone as high as 500 myself, but when i saw it, it was allready over 550..... 893frustrated.gif