• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 4--Still Getting Hot or Losing Steam?

88 posts in this topic

Avengers #4 (and the whole run) is an undervalued SA title. Regardless if the Cap movie is a flop or success, Avengers 4 should continue to climb in value as newer collectors come into the hobby. FF 4 (1st SA Subby) is worth about 2x across the board more than Avengers 4, and Cap is more popular than Subby in the mainstream public I would think...

Avengers #4 (and the whole run) is an undervalued SA title. Regardless if the Cap movie is a flop or success, Avengers 4 should continue to climb in value as newer collectors come into the hobby. FF 4 (1st SA Subby) is worth about 2x across the board more than Avengers 4, and Cap is more popular than Subby in the mainstream public I would think...

It`s not all about demand, it`s about supply too. FF 4 is much much harder to find in equivalent grade than Avengers 4. If anything, if FF 4 only goes for 2X of Avengers 4, then FF 4 is undervalued.

It`s not all about demand, it`s about supply too. FF 4 is much much harder to find in equivalent grade than Avengers 4. If anything, if FF 4 only goes for 2X of Avengers 4, then FF 4 is undervalued.

yes, i meant to say that too :P considering FF4 is an early Marvel...but they are both "easy" finds in my book :)

FF 4 has a lone 9.6 and is downright scarce above 7.0.

Avengers 4 has 7 9.6's and can only be considered a tough find above 8.5. And even then there are 97 copies in 9.0 or better.

This is all, of course, according to the cgc census.

No disagreement there, and I think the prices now are starting to accurately reflect where this historically undervalued book really should be (about $2,200 for a 8.0, $4,500 and up 9.0 +).

I do think the book is still overpriced in the fine range for something relatively common.

No disagreement there, and I think the prices now are starting to accurately reflect where this historically undervalued book really should be (about $2,200 for a 8.0, $4,500 and up 9.0 +).

I do think the book is still overpriced in the fine range for something relatively common.

I think Avengers 4 is very overvalued right now in 9.4 and above. 7 9.6 copies and 19 9.4 copies is a lot, even assuming there's a bit of doublecounting for resubbed copies.

If you can find one with a white cover and good PQ its still a very good investment.

:gossip: ....and get a coverless reader to go with it cuz that splash page is DA BOMB....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

If you can find one with a white cover and good PQ its still a very good investment.

:gossip: ....and get a coverless reader to go with it cuz that splash page is DA BOMB....GOD BLESS...

The splash page is still there even if you have a cover. :gossip::baiting:

As undervalued as Avengers is as a title, I will say that both Avengers 1 & 4 have two of the BEST SA Marvel splash pages going! :headbang:

I'm been swamped with giving my students exams and what not, but my intent is to give them a call some time this week to see if they'd be into doing a cash/trade deal.

I much prefer TOS 59 to 58.

good lord, why? 58 has a better cover and a crossover story... 59 has the cheesy "intro" cover and separate stories... I thought the single crossover story in 58 was a classic where 59 was nothing special. First in the "series" of separate stories but I always viewed that as a negative.

I much prefer TOS 59 to 58.

good lord, why? 58 has a better cover and a crossover story... 59 has the cheesy "intro" cover and separate stories... I thought the single crossover story in 58 was a classic where 59 was nothing special. First in the "series" of separate stories but I always viewed that as a negative.

I like the cover of 63 with the all-red background... :baiting:

I view 59 as the beginning of the series, not 58. I love the "one Avenger always on duty" paradigm that's established, as well as the look inside life in the mansion ( yay, Jarvis!). I also happen to like the cover. Iron-Man's fractured shin on the 58 has always bugged me a bit.

So there.