• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANYONE COMING TO TORONTO....

148 posts in this topic

New...guests....

STEVE_McNIVEN.(artist.on.the.new.Marvel.Knights."4"title)

WILL_EISNER.(comics.legend)

Kev

Is McNiven a relative newcomer to the comic scene? I hated the book, "4", as far as the writing went, but thought the art was OK. It was inconsistant (why I'm asking if he was new), but he definately has some talent. Some of his drawings were great (Thing lifting the rubble on the Construction site and a couple of panles w/ Sue), but others (especially that Cap at Franklin's b-day) were total garbage.

Yes, no one was more shocked than yours truly.

One of our steering committee members asked me just the other day, would we be interested in having Will Eisner come to the show. Not being an insufficiently_thoughtful_person I said of course we would! Next thing you know we get a fax from the man himself indicating he is available and interested. Very cool! He says he's looking forward to seeing Dave Sim again.

I think we will have to explore the possibility of doing a panel on the graphic novel with Dave and Will.. I'll see if Chester Brown is available.

Steve McNiven got into the field professionally about 2-3 years ago. He did some fill-ins on Crossgen titles like Sigil and Mystic before being given the regular assignment of MERIDIAN, which he completed 22 issues of before leaving Crossgen for Marvel last year. One of his Crossgen covers received a SPECTRUM award for excellence in Sci-Fi/Fantasy artwork. His artwork reminds me of Travis Charest and John Cassaday, and he's definitely an up-and-coming star. '4' is his first work for Marvel and the artwork has been very well received. We are happy to have him as a guest at the show.

Kev

I'm really looking forward to this show. DAM (and meeting Kevin and Peter at the national last november) convinced me that this was an amazing show, and the guest list keeps getting better and better. Since I'm only going to do extensive travel for one show this year (because there are other things to see besides comic shows) I think Toronto sounds like the most fun. Looking forward Kev!

Thanks Foolkiller! We are trying our best, I hope we exceed your expectations!

Some more confirmations as of this morning:

NICK CRAINE

(inker, X-Statix - Nick has taken over from Jason Bone as of #19. He's also done the comic book adaptations of the acclaimed films by Canadian director Bruce McDonald: DANCE ME OUTSIDE and HARD CORE LOGO.)

ARNOLD TSANG

(artist Street Fighter, Uncanny X-Men covers)

GREG HORN

(acclaimed Marvel cover & print artist, currently doing covers for Emma Frost)

Kevin