• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do we have a complete set of Action Comics between all the board members?

73 posts in this topic

the issues between 100 and 200 are deceivingly difficult.

Much like Detective #100-200. Unlimited funds, and it's easier to get 1-100 than 100-200.

having put action 1-100 together and 100-252...I respectfully disagree... now, in nice shape, maybe (GA held up condition wise better than the books of the 50's), but I can put a 100-200 run together much easier, as long as you are not condition sensitive...

but, find an action 1 (exception would be the great metro offerings of late) or 7 or 10 or 13 for sale might be months or even years (just no supply and incredible demand)... there is virtually no demand for action 141 (or like issue), and while supply is limited, it meets or exceeds demand (again, just my opinion)

Much like Detective #100-200. Unlimited funds, and it's easier to get 1-100 than 100-200.

having put action 1-100 together and 100-252...I respectfully disagree... now, in nice shape, maybe (GA held up condition wise better than the books of the 50's), but I can put a 100-200 run together much easier, as long as you are not condition sensitive...

but, find an action 1 (exception would be the great metro offerings of late) or 7 or 10 or 13 for sale might be months or even years (just no supply and incredible demand)... there is virtually no demand for action 141 (or like issue), and while supply is limited, it meets or exceeds demand (again, just my opinion)

While you would certainly know better than I, am I mistaken when I say that all four books have been sold, this year, at least once?

While you would certainly know better than I, am I mistaken when I say that all four books have been sold, this year, at least once?

I have seen 5 sales of action 1 (one private), 3 sales of action 7 (two private), 2 sales of action 10 (one private) and 2 sales of action 13 (one private)...

last year, there was 1 action 1 I believe, 1 action 7, 1 action 10 and no action 13's...

my point is, those "big 4" come up so infrequently for public sale, that they are down right "scarce" .... give me a month, I can complete 100-200 (might can do it in a week during SDCC, or such)...just comparing apples to oranges

my point is, those "big 4" come up so infrequently for public sale, that they are down right "scarce" .... give me a month, I can complete 100-200 (might can do it in a week during SDCC, or such)...just comparing apples to oranges

I would be very interested in taking you up on that challenge, but as I have not the resources to fund such a venture, alas, it remains an exercise in hypothesis only.

:)

I would be very interested in taking you up on that challenge, but as I have not the resources to fund such a venture, alas, it remains an exercise in hypothesis only.

doing a quick search around the internet (10 minutes), I have located 97 of the 100 issues available... and that was about 10 minutes of work and only 4 sites (clink, ebay, payette and metro)...

only issues I didn't see at least one or more copies of were 145, 157 and 163

but I am sure given a few more minutes, could easily find, so I will lay that "hypothesis" to rest, if you will concede how easy it was :baiting: ...

doing a quick search around the internet (10 minutes), I have located 97 of the 100 issues available... and that was about 10 minutes of work and only 4 sites (clink, ebay, payette and metro)...

only issues I didn't see at least one or more copies of were 145, 157 and 163

but I am sure given a few more minutes, could easily find, so I will lay that "hypothesis" to rest, if you will concede how easy it was :baiting: ...

yeah, but 145, 157, and 163 you'll NEVER find...

MWAH HA HA HA HA...yeah, I got nuthin.

;)

So nevermind.

I'll bet Tec #100-#200 are still harder..... :P