• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Impossibles

358 posts in this topic

Kris invaded the privacy of a sickly, old man who's made it perfectly clear that he just wants to be left alone, and you guys are giving him brownie points for having "brass balls"? That's despicable.

Waits for Daffy Duck photo, you know it is coming Michael...

:sorry:

Kris invaded the privacy of a sickly, old man who's made it perfectly clear that he just wants to be left alone, and you guys are giving him brownie points for having "brass balls"? That's despicable.

Well Micheal I am pretty sure you have done something dispicable in your life. While I may be a horrible person. I ultimately have to pay the price for my sins. I may go to

H E L L for some of the things I have done (though I am atheist, that will probably get more remarks from people). I am OK with that. I may loose the respect of some people. As long as I don't loose the respect of my friends and customers I don't mind. I only care about not loosing my status as a witness and making sure every autograph I own or get for somebody else is authentic. I have never broken any laws to get an autograph. I have never caused physical harm to anybody to get an autograph. I have never knowingly prevented another collector from getting an autograph to get one for myself. I have never lied to get an autograph. If I have hurt a creator or celebrity in any way ever I would like for them to tell me I would appologize and try to make it right. For the record I don't feel bothering on the phone for 3 minutes or less would hurt anyone.

Kris

You went to his office (a public building I assume?)

And you were polite.

I still give you points for trying.

You didn't harass the guy.

And you know what...I'm looking to schedule an interview with the gentleman next year and I'm going to ask, so you guys might as well call me curse me out too.

Unless the CGC comes up with a slab that can handle a 1038 page hardbound novel, Stephen King won't happen during this round. Looks like I'll have to wait for his next book to come out to try again.

100_2409.jpg

...For anyone curious, the book was laid in front of him ready to sign. He politely slid it back to me and just said "no". I was told he turned down elderly people who traveled hundreds of miles and waited for about 9 hours, so I don't feel so bad.

Obama will be tough while he's in office...much more attainable when he's out (as with any President). However, I may have a loose possibility in late 2011 or early 2012. It's a ways off, but I'm open to any earlier opportunities as I'd love an Obama SS.