• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Impossibles

358 posts in this topic

I think he'd be reasonable to catch at a premiere for a sig. As such, I don't think we could include him on the list without including a hole mess of other celebrities that people might want that haven't been attempted yet. Michael Keaton, Christian Bale, and Robert Downey Jr. are examples.

If a concerted effort was put forth and a signature still counldn't be obtained, THEN add them to the list. It's my understanding that Harrison Ford has been attempted to no avail, hence his presence on the list.

And I'm telling you, convince Paul to implement a slab that can handle a 4.5 inch thick book and we can cross King off the list. (thumbs u lol

Since Stephen King is probably impossible I am wondering what I can pull off on my Creepshow project. Kris was able get Tom Atkins, Adrienne Barbeau, Tom Savini, and George Romero for me.

Does anyone think it would be possible or impossible to get any signatures from the following.

Ed Harris

Ted Danson

Leslie Nielsen

hm I also need to get a Joe Hill sig on there it but that shouldn't be hard at all.

Since Stephen King is probably impossible I am wondering what I can pull off on my Creepshow project. Kris was able get Tom Atkins, Adrienne Barbeau, Tom Savini, and George Romero for me.

Does anyone think it would be possible or impossible to get any signatures from the following.

Ed Harris

Ted Danson

Leslie Nielsen

hm I also need to get a Joe Hill sig on there it but that shouldn't be hard at all.

Did you get those sigs on the original '82 graphic novel? If so please post pics!! Also make a note to PM me if you ever want to move it. I have been dying to do that book, but I can't find a decent copy. greggy and RMA have a copy though, I think. :cry:

What about Tom Hanks for Road to Perdition? Does he ever go to cons or such events?

OK so here is an updated list

1. George Lucas

2. Stephen King

3. Steve Ditko

4. Alan Moore

5. Harrison Ford

6. Barack Obama

7. Bill Mantlo

8. Jeff Jones (maybe)

9. Stephen Platt (for now)

Should Edward norton be added to the list of not.

Doubt Mantlo is going to ever get done, the poor guy got hit by a car and I think is very much cognitively impaired at this point. I believe he is in assisted living?

Course that won't stop someone from attempting.... :makepoint:

I have never and will never bother Mr. Mantlo unless His brother tells me he would allow a visitor. Even then I would only bring one book. But I think That every body should contact his brother about donating to help with his medical bills. If you are like me you read alot of his work as a kid.

Bill is on the list because he is alive. I didn't say anybody should try to bother him for an autograph. Infact Please nobody bother him for an autograph.

OK I found number 10

Yancey Labat. I called him once and asked him if he would be willing to come to a convention or sign a few items. He said that he was done with that part of his life. I offered 100 dollars He politely said he was not interested at all for any amount.

So the impossibles is up to 10.

1. George Lucas

2. Stephen King

3. Steve Ditko

4. Alan Moore

5. Harrison Ford

6. Barack Obama

7. Bill Mantlo

8. Jeff Jones (maybe)

10. Yancey Labat

Now we need to get some of these people off the list.

I urge people to not bother Bill Mantlo. But anybody else on the list is fair game. Oh and please use skill and tact. Do not be mean, rude, abrasive, or violent. Part of the challenge is getting the autograph of free will not by using force.

1. George Lucas

2. Stephen King

3. Steve Ditko

4. Alan Moore

5. Harrison Ford

6. Barack Obama

7. Bill Mantlo

8. Jeff Jones (maybe)

10. Yancey Labat

I urge people to not bother Bill Mantlo. But anybody else on the list is fair game. Oh and please use skill and tact. Do not be mean, rude, abrasive, or violent. Part of the challenge is getting the autograph of free will not by using force.

1. George Lucas

2. Stephen King

3. Steve Ditko

4. Alan Moore

5. Harrison Ford

6. Barack Obama

7. Bill Mantlo

8. Jeff Jones (maybe)

10. Yancey Labat This should be the first to go off? Was he a Gremlin puppeter or somthing?

Mr. Lucas makes very few public appearances and never at a convention of any sort. These are just appearances he does not sign. You might get him to sign one item if you have the item and marker and get close enough. He will sometimes sign a piece for charity to be auctioned. He did so earlier this year for the auction at Star wars Fan Days. He signed 2 items One sold for 1400.00 and the other sold for 425.00. neither were comic books nor could they be Signature Seriesd.

I offered his personal assistant 20 thousand dollars for 20 items and he said there was no possible way to make this happen even if I didn't interact with Mr. Lucas. (I suggested watching from another room while he signed the items and possibly waving at Mr. Lucas after the items were signed. )

SO if he won't sign 20 items for 20 thousand I don't think it will ever happen.

1. George Lucas

2. Stephen King

3. Steve Ditko

4. Alan Moore

5. Harrison Ford

6. Barack Obama

7. Bill Mantlo

8. Jeff Jones (maybe)

10. Yancey Labat This should be the first to go off? Was he a Gremlin puppeter or somthing?

No Jon. Yancey Labat Worked on Marvel covers and Marvel Cardsets During the early 90's. He refuses to make appearances or sign comic/card related stuff.