• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the best investment book or books if you had 30k to spend?

126 posts in this topic

If you had 30k to spend what would be the best book or group of books you would spend your money on that would either keep their value or actually increase a bit? (shrug)

I am thinking silver or bronze age superhero keys, because those are the comics I like, but they might not be the best investment.

Also, how much would be reasonable to spend on that book or books? (shrug)

Thanks in advance. :)

Seriously, if anybody knew then it wouldn't be a terrific investment.

General answers you are going to get are rare, older keys in the highest grades.

Where you go from there is going to be a tough call as everyone will vary their opinions.

Is there ANY high grade book worth $30,000 that one could feel good about as an investment?

Lower grades would be easy enough - you can buy lots of blue chip, not too risky keys at that price, or one really good one (although with the risk element taken away it won't get a great return either).

But with hg worth what's its worth right now, and the downside risk being (IMO) great, WTF could one really feel good about appreciating at a level that will compensate for the downside risk? (shrug)

Copper keys that are currently nothing compared to their Silver & Bronze bretren.

Turtles #1-4

Primer #2, 5

Grendel #1-3

Groo #1-8 (Pacific)

Megaton #3

Cry for Dawn #1-9

Sandman #1, 8

Animal Man #1-5

Swamp Thing #20, 21, 37

Dark Knight Returns #1-4

Batman #404-407, 417-420, 426-429

Is there ANY high grade book worth $30,000 that one could feel good about as an investment?

Lower grades would be easy enough - you can buy lots of blue chip, not too risky keys at that price, or one really good one (although with the risk element taken away it won't get a great return either).

But with hg worth what's its worth right now, and the downside risk being (IMO) great, WTF could one really feel good about appreciating at a level that will compensate for the downside risk? (shrug)

Every investment will have a risk/potential ratio.

The bigger the risk, the bigger the potential to go in either direction.

How much risk someone wants to take often determines the reward.

Hedging with a lot of mid grade solid books is safer.

Buying a big key at a strong price is a little more risky but the reward might be greater.

It all comes down to how much you are willing to spend and how much you are willing to risk.

Copper keys that are currently nothing compared to their Silver & Bronze bretren.

Turtles #1-4

Primer #2, 5

Grendel #1-3

Groo #1-8 (Pacific)

Megaton #3

Cry for Dawn #1-9

Sandman #1, 8

Animal Man #1-5

Swamp Thing #20, 21, 37

Dark Knight Returns #1-4

Thanks for the ideas! I don't really follow any of those outside of Batman books. I know Alan Moores Swamp Thing is supposed to be groudbreaking, but I bought the tp and didn't get what the bid deal over the stories. What am I missing with those Swamp Thing issues? (shrug)

Buying a big key at a strong price is a little more risky but the reward might be greater.

It all comes down to how much you are willing to spend and how much you are willing to risk.

gee thanks for restating in six sentences what I said in one. :foryou::P

Thanks. I thought about buying 1 key silver or good age that was highest certified, but didn't want to put all my eggs in 1 basket.

gee thanks for restating in 6 sentences what I said in one. :foryou::P

Anytime.

:roflmao:

gee thanks for restating in 6 sentences what I said in one. :foryou::P

Anytime.

:roflmao:

:insane:

gee thanks for restating in six sentences what I said in one. :foryou::P

lol

Turtles #1-4

Primer #2, 5

Grendel #1-3

Groo #1-8 (Pacific)

Megaton #3

Cry for Dawn #1-9

Sandman #1, 8

Animal Man #1-5

Swamp Thing #20, 21, 37

Dark Knight Returns #1-4

Thanks for the ideas! I don't really follow any of those outside of Batman books. I know Alan Moores Swamp Thing is supposed to be groudbreaking, but I bought the tp and didn't get what the bid deal over the stories. What am I missing with those Swamp Thing issues? (shrug)

What, precisely, did you read? There are several TPBs covering the run.