• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Copper Pride & Joy

1,863 posts in this topic

How much do they usually go for? Sometimes those types of errors can be quite lucrative. The Bloodshot #0 Gold that's missing the gold tends to break 1K when they go up for sale.

Only GPA is 9.6 for $375 back in 2011. I'd say it's a lucrative book.

The 9.6 was the only known copy until rma posted that pic.

So, they're pretty much non-existent? hm

How much do they usually go for? Sometimes those types of errors can be quite lucrative. The Bloodshot #0 Gold that's missing the gold tends to break 1K when they go up for sale.

I think they know of 25(?) copies that should exist. Remains to be seen if they actually exist or not.

I think they know of 25(?) copies that should exist. Remains to be seen if they actually exist or not.

Huh?

This book, like the Venom black and white errors, is simply a book that went through the process with a faulty press, and the foil wasn't applied. The foil didn't "fall off", nor was it removed afterwards; the machine simply didn't apply it properly in the first place.

It's as cool, and as rare, as the Venom blacks. I couldn't believe my good fortune when I found it.

Plus...it's one of my letter hack books.

:cloud9:

Ive been "tracking" (like how people 'track' bigfoot) this book for 8 or so years. Who is they?

In those years the current 9.6 book surfaced 2x. Once raw and once graded.

But seriously, if there is a 'they' id really like to talk to them.

Im also looking for a hulk 400 foil error. I will pay very well for it.

Just got this in the mail today, SDCC Wizard Magazine Variant #1 w/poster included :banana: While flipping through the book this caught my eye, looks like it was signed by contributor not sure ? If anyone can confirm the print run & the signature is real please let me know.

005_zps9e06f4c9.jpg

004_zps9dd108f1.jpg

That's an auto and a comic con exclusive. That's a sweet piece. Compared to egay anyway. EBay has the originals and you have the comic con exclusive version. Not sure of the numbers, but its a cool piece.

Stupid question, but CGC would grade this as a magazine, right?

It would have Wizard,#1

Wizard Pub.,9/91

Then on the right side of the label it would say

1st Wizard Price guide

Spiderman poster by Todd McFarlane

So to answer your question I would say it wouldn't be graded as a magazine.

Just got this in the mail today, SDCC Wizard Magazine Variant #1 w/poster included :banana: While flipping through the book this caught my eye, looks like it was signed by contributor not sure ? If anyone can confirm the print run & the signature is real please let me know.

005_zps9e06f4c9.jpg

004_zps9dd108f1.jpg

I have the same mag. Mine is not signed. I did not go to the comic con to get this....years ago wizard had some kind of contest that I entered. This mag was sent to me for free from Wizard. Maybe the person had it signed at the con? Or maybe they signed them as they handed them out?

20799cb4df1afb288955b408c4e1a5b8_zpsafe22d62.jpg[/img]

That's makes more scents, I guess your right the release of this magazine at SDCC they must had someone there sighing at there booth. Thanks for the info Frankie (thumbs u

Wizard 1 was a scratch-n-sniff?

:baiting:

Stupid question, but CGC would grade this as a magazine, right?

It would have Wizard,#1

Wizard Pub.,9/91

Then on the right side of the label it would say

1st Wizard Price guide

Spiderman poster by Todd McFarlane

So to answer your question I would say it wouldn't be graded as a magazine.

CGC should also indicate that it's the SDCC version.

Picked these sweet books off e-bay few days ago, very happy I came across Jim Lee first art work in Samurai Santa #1 :cool:

001_zpsa2df15bc.jpg

I just picked one up for myself on ebay and I LOVE it!! As a bonus, I bought it for $1.20 as it was graded FN. Well, I just got it in the mail and it is more like a VF/NM! I love it when that happens.

Picked these sweet books off e-bay few days ago, very happy I came across Jim Lee first art work in Samurai Santa #1 :cool:

001_zpsa2df15bc.jpg

I just picked one up for myself on ebay and I LOVE it!! As a bonus, I bought it for $1.20 as it was graded FN. Well, I just got it in the mail and it is more like a VF/NM! I love it when that happens.

Does the Sumarai Santa look like George Takei?