• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men 94 CGC 9.8 on census

59 posts in this topic

Thanks Rob... I shoulda just did it myself. I saw some irregularity, but thought it looked more like a minor bend if anything... not a color breaking crease. It appears clearer, and more like a crease in your scan

Yeah, although it's clearer there, it's still so faint, I'm not sure what it is. It does look like a crease, but you never can tell unless the book is in hand.

Then again, at this point, crease or no, I'm just curious to see if this is a comic-key's book or not. Since at that point, the grade becomes secondary.

I have a feeling we have another victim of the evil doctor here. frown.gif

I hope you paid by credit card.

Wonder who won that ASM 1 last week... foreheadslap.gif

HEHEHE 27_laughing.gif

Atleast I wasn't the only one! I thought the same exact thing when I viewed the scans! *Comic-keys* written all over it, but I also thought that this is a little too coincidental and I think [!@#%^&^] is pulling our chain.

HEHEHE 27_laughing.gif

Atleast I wasn't the only one! I thought the same exact thing when I viewed the scans! *Comic-keys* written all over it, but I also thought that this is a little too coincidental and I think [!@#%^&^] is pulling our chain.

ooo.gif

Looks like the 9.8 has put a damper on 9.6 sales.

Link

Exactly the reason not to speculate on Bronze 9.6's that are "Top Census" at the moment.

makepoint.gif

Isn't this the same book that sold in the neighborhood of $8,000 a few months ago?

OMG that guy in the middle pic isn't real is he!? 893whatthe.gif

Besides the obvious physiological impossibilities, the fact that his fingers seem to be penetrating his quads like they were a hot Saturday-night date, suggests that the picture has been played around with just a little bit.

Link

Exactly the reason not to speculate on Bronze 9.6's that are "Top Census" at the moment.

makepoint.gif

Isn't this the same book that sold in the neighborhood of $8,000 a few months ago?

I'm pretty sure this is a different copy...don't recall any of this seller's previous copies having that big a white stripe on the spine or having a Len Wein autograph. Still, your point is still well-taken. Plus, 9.4s seem to be on the decline as well, with this seller's copy going for only the $1,900 reserve (closest bid from a different bidder was miles away). A pretty decent white-paged copy just went for $1,900 plus the juice ($2,185) on Heritage...I was the runner-up, but think I will pull back my bids on this book going forward as I'm not in a hurry to get a copy and supply seems to be stronger than demand at present.

Gene

Link

makepoint.gif

I'm pretty sure this is a different copy...don't recall any of this seller's previous copies having that big a white stripe on the spine or having a Len Wein autograph. Still, your point is still well-taken. Plus, 9.4s seem to be on the decline as well, with this seller's copy going for only the $1,900 reserve (closest bid from a different bidder was miles away). A pretty decent white-paged copy just went for $1,900 plus the juice ($2,185) on Heritage...I was the runner-up, but think I will pull back my bids on this book going forward as I'm not in a hurry to get a copy and supply seems to be stronger than demand at present.

Gene

The laws of supply and demand how unfortunate!

Davidking623

After Halo PM'd me, I told him to send in his book as if it were a 9.8 it would be quite valuable. I haven't heard from him since and he hasn't responded to any of the recent posts inquiring as to whom he purchased the book from. I honestly hope it's an unrestored book and that he gets a 9.8!!

Just for the record, I'm into the 9.8 at over 20K (with some SA trade needed to finish the deal). I must be nuts but I was so on the verge of putting together a 94 & up 9.8 run that I put sanity on the side and listened to my instincts. Believe me, I wasn't thinking of investment or re-selling, I was thinking 9.8 94.

Doug.

Capt you are my kinda collector. Just hope ya enjoy it. Im sure you will get it out of it but wont mind if ya dont

20 grand.Wow that is a nice deal of money! If truly a collector do you feel there is something in the 9.6 range that you could say looks as nice as the 9.8.If I had the money to do it and it was of like no problem it sure would be fun to buy as many 9.6 X Men 94 along with the 9.8 send them in and say grade these and see where they all ended up!That is assuming money was no factor.My 500th post!

Davidking623