• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone bought from NeatStuffCollectibles on Ebay?

52 posts in this topic

Yea, their shipping times suck!! It took me over a month to get several orders, but I did get them.

I bought comics from them around the Christmas timeframe and they arrived this week. They did send me an e-mail when the comics were shipped. Are you saying they haven't even sent your comics out yet?

Jim

i have been buying from them for about 3 years and when i first started they could not ship cgcs for the life of them.i had about 13-15 broken cases and heard a lot of others say the same thing.they finally started to pack the cgcs right and i have not had any more cracked slabs from them.right now they have a 9.8 spidey book i won and it seems to be missing.they are VERY slow shippers,but most of the time when you get the second email saying they sent your items it takes about 2-4 days to get to me,but this time its been the usual time plus another 2 weeks and its still not here.i emailed them so hopefully it will get worked out. they are good sellers of cgc books, but they need to ship a little faster imho 893frustrated.gif

Gotta agree with POV - "Never Again."

I don't mind dealing with them at a show, as Carbonara is kinda fun to deal with, but never, ever again on e-bay, where they take wayyyyyyy too long to ship. The 'you'll-get-it-eventually' shipping method they employ is just not a service I want. And believe me, it has cost them. There have been several times I've found books I've wanted in an e-bay search - but when I've seen that NeatStuff is the seller I don't even bother with it.

Good luck with your purchases - hope you enjoy them... when you get them! tongue.gif

IMO

They never respond to my request for bigger scans of front and back so I wont buy from them. Two important principles when dealing with customers they don't seem to get. (Shipping fast and getting back with customers requests)

They do have an awesome collection of comics for sale but I don't trust the grading because they don't respond to my requests.

i think they are by far the slowest of anyone that i've purchased from over the past 2 years. i remember sending them and JSCOMICS (another jersey firm) money for books i won on the same day. i paid by check. JS got me the books before my check could have even cleared - unbelievably fast. neatstuff waited for 3-4 weeks and then demanded sales tax (which wasn't a part of their final calculation and js doesn't even charge it). i sent it and then had to wait another 3 weeks.

i agree that i am sorely turned-off and usually pass on their stuff even when it looks interesting............. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sometimes they ship on time( reasonable), other times they are slow - and once in a while you gotta call them and remind them to send items. A "hit-or-miss" dealer. Grades consistently and the high-grades keep me buying again and again. hi.gif

Gotta agree with POV - "Never Again."

I don't mind dealing with them at a show, as Carbonara is kinda fun to deal with, but never, ever again on e-bay, where they take wayyyyyyy too long to ship. The 'you'll-get-it-eventually' shipping method they employ is just not a service I want. And believe me, it has cost them. There have been several times I've found books I've wanted in an e-bay search - but when I've seen that NeatStuff is the seller I don't even bother with it.

Good luck with your purchases - hope you enjoy them... when you get them! tongue.gif

I agree 1000%. I actually filter them out of my eBay searches by avoiding their commonly used phrases. And how about the fact that they won't combine on shipping because "majority of costs are for handling"? Ugh. Please. Like I need a comic SO badly that I should reward poor service.

OK I just got my comics from them today. 4 in this batch. I already posted 3 of the 4 positive feedbacks - I am holding out on THIS one last auction # 2214955319. Please take a look at this auction and try to tell us what the TOP grade for this comic should be - to help you, the interior of the comic is PERFECT - back cover consistent w/ grade - but if this comic WAS a "subscription" copy, what is the TOP grade a comic like this should get? Also, please take in consideration that as I have been named a "persnickety" comic collector, some of that is up to anyone's personal interpretation. I AM every bit difficult when I buy a NM 9.4 and up and EXPECT close to perfection unless I get the "raw" comic at a great price. Anyway, please take a look at that auction and all opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanx for your time! hi.gif

You could see the sub-crease in the scan and it is mentioned in the description.

Technically I guess Overstreet has some rule about the VG range (VGF?) being the highest grade for a book with a sub-crease.

But I don't know...

Is it fair for a VF-NM book to drop 4 to 5 full grade points with a barely noticable sub-crease? confused-smiley-013.gif

Fairly strong Marvel chipping doesn't get hit like that.

Strong perimeter tanning doesn't get hit like that either.

They normally get hit 1 or 2 full grades at the most don't they?

Thanx for your quick reply. I am a little annoyed at the fact that the "subscription crease" was NOT described as such. To make a long story short here, I should have emailed or called them first before bidding this comic. However, when I am the Seller, I ALWAYS detail something of this importance, or if it is a low-valued comic, I just make darn sure that the grade is assigned with the Subscription crease factored in. I have to go away tonite, and will sleep on this. I don't mind overpaying for this AS # 10, but I would like to think that any "Subscription Crease" needs to be called what it is - not this watering down of wordiness gobbledy-gook:

"There is a slight crease down the center of the comic, but it lies flat, the pages are beautiful, almost flawless".
Either it is a Subscription Crease or another type of crease. One or the other IMHO. I don't want to irritate the Seller and I normally don't do such things, but I might need to call them on this one. My experience tells me to sleep on this, gather a few more opinions, and this Forum is a great place for topics of this nature! hi.gif

Thanx for your quick reply. I am a little annoyed at the fact that the "subscription crease" was NOT described as such. To make a long story short here, I should have emailed or called them first before bidding this comic. However, when I am the Seller, I ALWAYS detail something of this importance, or if it is a low-valued comic, I just make darn sure that the grade is assigned with the Subscription crease factored in. I have to go away tonite, and will sleep on this. I don't mind overpaying for this AS # 10, but I would like to think that any "Subscription Crease" needs to be called what it is - not this watering down of wordiness gobbledy-gook:
"There is a slight crease down the center of the comic, but it lies flat, the pages are beautiful, almost flawless".
Either it is a Subscription Crease or another type of crease. One or the other IMHO. I don't want to irritate the Seller and I normally don't do such things, but I might need to call them on this one. My experience tells me to sleep on this, gather a few more opinions, and this Forum is a great place for topics of this nature! hi.gif

They didn't call it a sub-crease did they... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sneaky little buggers. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I just checked GP

Slabbed 6.0s are going in the $225-$260 range.

Slabbed 4.5s in the $125 to $150 range.

I think you got hosed dude. flamed.gif

With the sub-crease I couldn't see that book grading more than low Fine (5.5) even if you break the "no better than VG+" rule.

I'd want a return asap if I were you.

Give them a chance to refund you before hitting them with a neg/neutral.

They are slow but I don't think they are thieves.