• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston in April! WOW!!!

311 posts in this topic

Ok... this might have just become interesting.

I've been asked by 6-8 students to start a comic collecting / reading club. And... they want nothing more than for me to take them to a comic convention. Anyhow... I think there's a good chance I might be bringing a handful of high schoolers with me in April!

You better check to see if it's okay to bring minors across state lines.

:baiting:

On a serious note, it's a great way to introduce the next generation to comics. Based on the guest list, this may be Boston's biggest comic show ever.

Cheers!

N.

I'm thinking the the Todd McFarlane Great Eastern show in the early 90s was probably the biggest I ever saw. This will be bigger than that, I hope. Probably not as "hot" however. Todd, at that point, was so huge it was bonkers. It was like the beatles just showed up.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to ask a board member :shrug: The only snag you might run into is the policy and pricing some artists have on getting sketches--sometimes it's easy to know and other times things change at the shows.

I'd suggest starting a thread over in the Signature Series forum asking for witnesses attending this show and see if you can work out a deal with one of them. I know the SS guys have come through for me a on number of different items.

From the previous page:

Just waiting for CGC approval and this will be a Signature Series event, I will be accepting submissions!

That's all good and wel, but I need a Witness now! :baiting:

Maybe if you sing it, the witness will come.

Can I get a witness....

Are we thinking dinner again?

Here's the only snag for me: I'm going to have a small herd of high schoolers with me. hm How would the work? Otherwise, I'm all for the same joint--probably the BEST turkey burger I've had to date!

Here's the only snag for me: I'm going to have a small herd of high schoolers with me. hm How would the work? Otherwise, I'm all for the same joint--probably the BEST turkey burger I've had to date!

We could probably set them up at their own table nearby. (shrug) You can let the wait-staff know it is a dry table. That place was pretty big, so I think they could handle a couple of large tables given enough lead time. If we have enough people we could look into a function room.

Dood -

Just make like Mary Segall. We'll take 'em to Hooters!

Teacher brings student to Hooters.

Why didn't I have any teachers like that?

Seriously though, this is a new location near the waterfront nowhere near the old one, so most likely we'll wind up someplace different.

Ah... but you see, she was a PUBLIC school teacher where as I teach at a private school--we can get away with more! :devil:

lol

But that's right--I forgot that the venue will be moving. Is it a more open and spacious location? That was the one thing I was a little disappointed about with the October show was I didn't think it was as open as it might be.

Dood -

Just make like Mary Segall. We'll take 'em to Hooters!

Teacher brings student to Hooters.

Why didn't I have any teachers like that?

Seriously though, this is a new location near the waterfront nowhere near the old one, so most likely we'll wind up someplace different.

It used to be so different. When I was 17 in the early 80's we went on a "school" trip with the civics class down to Disney and we went on a "field trip" to Rosie O'Grady's in Orlando (6 bars and live music in one city block :cloud9:) . The teacher convinced the bouncers that we were all of age and let us in. We all turned out okay :insane:

I forgot about the location change, some research is required...