• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston in April! WOW!!!

311 posts in this topic

Need a favor from folks who know Boston well. I'll be coming from CT and I just mapquested the directions.

Can someone who is really familiar with the area please run the directions from a starting point anywhere to the west and tell me if the mapquest directions are accurate?

Any weird one way roads and such that I should know about? Anything else that jumps out at you? Looks pretty straitforward to me, but again, I don't know Boston well.

Need a favor from folks who know Boston well. I'll be coming from CT and I just mapquested the directions.

Can someone who is really familiar with the area please run the directions from a starting point anywhere to the west and tell me if the mapquest directions are accurate?

Any weird one way roads and such that I should know about? Anything else that jumps out at you? Looks pretty straitforward to me, but again, I don't know Boston well.

Boston is full of one way roads,there is no direction in Boston like there is in NYC.

It is, the directions look fine.

This part is really the only tricky part.

Take EXIT 24 A-B-C on the LEFT toward I-93 S/QUINCY/S. STATION/I-93 N/CONCORD NH.

It's a three direction exit that you want to keep to the left but stay in the center lane. (If you bear right you head to Logan airport.) Once you bear left you need to stay to the right (towards South Station) and go up the ramp. (not onto 93 north) and then about 100 feet or so up the ramp you need to keep to the left as the exit ramp forks again.

I'm arriving at South Station so I am assuming that the Silver train line to the World Trade stop by Congress Street will leave me within a few blocks walking distance to the convention center?

The website doesn't mention advance ticket sales so I am assuming they are just doing on site sales each day?

Thanks

Cheers!

N.

I used to know it like the back of my hand, but since I moved north and they redeveloped practically that whole part of town, it's on the sketchy side to me.

Universal Soldier is right on the money about that exit though. Its sucks. I used to take it at least once a week, but would still occasionally botch it up if I needed to head in a direction different than my routine.

I used to know it like the back of my hand, but since I moved north and they redeveloped practically that whole part of town, it's on the sketchy side to me.

Universal Soldier is right on the money about that exit though. Its sucks. I used to take it at least once a week, but would still occasionally botch it up if I needed to head in a direction different than my routine.

Shocking! :o

:foryou:

Shocking! :o

:foryou:

lol

It wasn't his fault, it was that key-eating Christine. :eek:

I'm arriving at South Station so I am assuming that the Silver train line to the World Trade stop by Congress Street will leave me within a few blocks walking distance to the convention center?

The Silver Line is actually a bus. And I think it's probably easier and maybe even faster just to walk right from South Station. It's basically on the same street as the Westin, just a short walk over a bridge and a few blocks more. Just a little over half a mile, according to the map. If that's an issue, there is another bus which offers a more direct route than the Silver Line.

Thanks Bill.

I'll probably walk if it's that close.

I was in South Station recently with plenty of time to kill and should have did a test run to the convention center. I completely forgot about the show until I checked the boards.

Cheers!

N.

I'm going to Boston...is there a forum dinner planned?

If the interest is there I will do the research and book a place again this time. Maybe a show of hands is in order at this point. I'll be there but the wife won't be this time.

I'm definitely going to be doing my best to attend the show. I may or may not be bringing a band of students, but I should be there. IF I bring students, there's a chance I might not be able to attend the dinner though. In that event, I'd be open to helping organize a Forum lunch if there's interest.