• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston in April! WOW!!!

311 posts in this topic

There's also no CGC folk in the area except for Signature Series Witnesses. The CGC employees who grade and slab the books are all in an office complex down in Sarasota Florida, except for those few instances when they travel north for on-site grading.

Do you know if the SSW people will be in attendance?

Witnesses have to be CGC employees now, so don't hold your breath for the Boston show.

"CGC Amends Signature Series Program

Effective January 1, 2010, signings must be witnessed by CGC employees to qualify for the CGC Signature Series labels. Since inception of its innovative witnessed signature authentication program, CGC has allowed deputized witnesses to observe signings on its behalf. Now, signatures can no longer be witnessed by non-employee authorized witnesses to qualify for this designation. Witnesses must be either full-time or part-time employees of CGC.

This change was prompted to streamline the management of the CGC Signature Series program. As CGC Signature Series expanded into collectible fields other than comics, only CGC employees served as witnesses. This change now folds comic books signings into a single program framework.

Paul Litch, CGC Vice President, comments that, “The appreciation and respect that hobbyists have for the creativity and artistry of the individuals behind comic books is really unmatched by other collectibles fields. The popularity of CGC Signature Series is in many ways a testament to the wonderful character of comic fandom. We believe that these changes to the Signature Series program are necessary for it to expand while maintaining the highest level of integrity and quality of the product.”

Throughout the year, CGC will be introducing new tools to better publicize signings and to make it easy to submit comic books for the CGC Signature Series. The first of these tools are now available on www.CGCSignatureSeries.com. Upcoming events and specific submission instructions, including pricing and due dates, are posted in a dynamic chart. Biographies for participating creators are also available and are linked to their respective events.

To facilitate the management of the Signature Series program both internally and with submitters, CGC has named Joe Pierson as the new Signature Series Director. A long-time CGC employee and former comic book shop manager, Pierson is intimately familiar with the operational details of the Signature Series program and has already overseen a number of trade show signings.

Since CGC attends nearly all major trade shows where the vast majority of signings take place, the impact of this change will be relatively modest for most submitters. Submitters will be able to drop off books at the CGC booth to be signed during trade shows or can send books to a facilitator who has arranged for a CGC employee to attend a signing – just as before. CGC will also continue to work directly with creators who wish to participate in CGC Signature Series signings. Many creators prefer CGC-certified signed comic books because they provide assurance that their fans are purchasing items with authentic signatures in the secondary market"

Although nothing has been confirmed as of yet, I'm very confident that Boston will have someone available at the show to get your books SS'd. There are still some "i's" to dot and "t's" to cross, but the powers that be are working on it. (thumbs u

I've never met any boardies before

Didn't you meet Andy (GACollectibles) at one of the Plainville shows?

Nope, never been to a con outside of Boston. You probably have me confused with someone else.

Well, if you've been going to the Boston Cons over the past 5 years looking for gold/silver/bronze, it's very unlikely you have not met me. :)

Looking forward to a formal introduction. (worship)

Nope, never been to a con outside of Boston. You probably have me confused with someone else.

Well, if you've been going to the Boston Cons over the past 5 years looking for gold/silver/bronze, it's very unlikely you have not met me. :)

I just love it when two star crossed lovers eventually meet :cloud9:

I just love it when two star crossed lovers eventually meet :cloud9:

<3

• Administrator
I agree! I can't wait for this show :grin::headbang:

I'm almost half tempted to tell the kiddies they can't go so I can go as Forrest the Comic Nerd and not Mr. Helvie (the Comic Nerd).

Or you could come as Forrest the Homebrewer with samples for the fans... :baiting:

I'm almost half tempted to tell the kiddies they can't go so I can go as Forrest the Comic Nerd and not Mr. Helvie (the Comic Nerd).

Or you could come as Forrest the Homebrewer with samples for the fans... :baiting:

That's TRUE! You planning to be there Gemma? We could set up a beer exchange program! :headbang:

Just finished a batch of Blackberry and Cranberry Canadian Ale and it is absolutely DELICIOUS! :gossip: Guess what I'll be doing tonight!-)

I'm the Mac who goes to the Plainville shows. Hikeeba--do you attend them as well? I don't think we've met there, have we? Andy hasn't made the last show or two but I'm hoping he'll be attending the one on the 27th of this month at the Golden Gavel.

So Andy, you planning to go to that one? Hmmm? :baiting:

I sure do doh! It was the "mac" in your name. I was thinking of "Mac Man", a boarder from CT who has also posted on this thread. (See above and next post ;-))

I'm the Mac who goes to the Plainville shows. Hikeeba--do you attend them as well? I don't think we've met there, have we? Andy hasn't made the last show or two but I'm hoping he'll be attending the one on the 27th of this month at the Golden Gavel.

Yes, I see now my confusion. I live on the other side of Connecticut so I only go to the Plainville show once and a while, but not since October 2008 (don't remember what my ID was here at the time :shy:). We have not met, as Andy said I missed you at that show. I went to the last Golden Gavel show and Andy wasn't there, but a lot of the Plainville people were. Years ago I worked at Buried Under Comics in Manchester so I know a bunch of those people (Brian, Scott, Greg ((the GG show organizer)), Hal the Bookie, etc. My LCS was set up there too, Dana and Troy).

And since my 1 year old boy can now walk, we will be attending the 2/27 GG con to show him off :grin: Last time he went there, dealers were giving him free comics and toys, it was great, lol. I think he might be able to handle this Boston show, too. I sure hope so, what a great line-up. This show gets some great guests, I was at the Steranko and Carmine Infantino shows too (I skipped Wrightson show b/c I've met him twice before). So great to see New England get some real guests!

See y'all there :hi:

Yes, I see now my confusion. I live on the other side of Connecticut so I only go to the Plainville show once and a while, but not since October 2008 (don't remember what my ID was here at the time :shy:). We have not met, as Andy said I missed you at that show. I went to the last Golden Gavel show and Andy wasn't there, but a lot of the Plainville people were. Years ago I worked at Buried Under Comics in Manchester so I know a bunch of those people (Brian, Scott, Greg ((the GG show organizer)), Hal the Bookie, etc. My LCS was set up there too, Dana and Troy).

And since my 1 year old boy can now walk, we will be attending the 2/27 GG con to show him off :grin: Last time he went there, dealers were giving him free comics and toys, it was great, lol. I think he might be able to handle this Boston show, too. I sure hope so, what a great line-up. This show gets some great guests, I was at the Steranko and Carmine Infantino shows too (I skipped Wrightson show b/c I've met him twice before). So great to see New England get some real guests!

See y'all there :hi:

Cool! I'm hoping my wife will let me go to the GG show at the end of the month, but who knows? She's been cranky lately! lol If I do, I'll be on the lookout for a 1 year older with a mit full of toys and goodies!-)

UPDATE:

April 10/11 Boston Comic Con Confirmed :news:

The Boston Comic Con is a confirmed Signature Series event!

GACollectibles has been approved as Facilitator for this event and will be accepting Signature Series submission requests! Contact and submission information will be posted shortly.

:banana:

• Administrator

That's TRUE! You planning to be there Gemma? We could set up a beer exchange program! :headbang:

Just finished a batch of Blackberry and Cranberry Canadian Ale and it is absolutely DELICIOUS! :gossip: Guess what I'll be doing tonight!-)

YES! Though I'm not sure how I would get mine there hm ...right now I have a Nut Brown Ale (Northern English style, soon to be entered in my first competition!) and a Czech Plisner that I didn't lager, so it's more like an American Amber. Next I am either going to try a Honey Kolsch or a Cream Ale, but I haven't decided which yet.

If you can bring some I can promise at least one fan... :headbang: