• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NOD Comic Book Quarterly Volume 1 Debuts!!!

24 posts in this topic

I have posted below the official announcement of the publication of the first issue of the NOD Comic Book Quarterly which was sent to our members a couple of weeks ago. There is a link to a high quality version on the NOD site, but I will also post scans here. My NOD e-mail address is provided if you would like to contact me with comments, suggestions or an offer to write an article, but you can also post in this thread or PM me. As I gain experience with each issue I hope to make it more professional, but it doesn't seem too bad for a first attempt.

Special thanks to our own povertyrow and qualitycomix who contributed to this first issue! :applause:

Mike

You will find below a link to the first issue of the NOD Comic Book Quarterly. This is a new challenge for us and we hope to provide Network of Disclosure members and the comic collecting community with interesting articles on comic book history, conservation & restoration, the state of the market and many other comic related topics. We will also be keeping you up to date with goings on at the NOD.

As with any newsletter, finding the content is the most difficult part. We welcome submissions from any of you who have knowledge you would like to share with your fellow collectors. Whether it is an article on your favorite collecting obsession, insights into restoration techniques, a book report or your observations on the state of the market, we are interested.

Please contact Michael McMurray (mmcmurray@networkof disclosure.com) if you have anything to share.

We would like to thank the contributors to this initial issue of CBQ: Jon Berk, Michael Spampinato and Brent Moeshlin. Please read their articles and enjoy.

http://www.networkofdisclosure.org/newsletter.php?page=1

Mike, thank you for you hard work in putting this newsletter together and thanks to the contributors. I know there are some incredibly knowledgeble people on these boards - I would love to see contributions from some of them on future issues. :wishluck:

The section on conservation / restoration = superb! I'd really like to see something like that included in the next OS grading guide or included in the OS guide itself.

You can thank Michael (povertyrow) for that. I am hoping to have some before and after examples from a prominent restoration expert in the next issue. :wishluck:

Mike