• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Some GA & pulps. Cool stuff!

118 posts in this topic

Batman #13 in apparent 4.0. Big-logo WWII Batman! Classic cover by Jerry Robinson. And fun stuff inside too, including a Joker story with cameos by Jerry Siegel and Joe DiMaggio! :)

This book looks super at first glance, glossy and flat with strong colors, but has resto as follows: some amateur work along the whole spine & bottom edge BC with some kind of paint (white areas along spine have a sloppy look to them, & spine feels a bit stiff...check the BC scan to get a good sense of it), and small corner triangle replaced in the URC (goes through the N in Ten). (A huge scan of spine is here.) There's also a 1/2" tear on the bottom edge of cover. Pages are beautiful and nearly white. Book looks dynamite in the Mylar, and feels solid, supple in hand.

OS Guide is $300 even in Good (and frankly, unrestored 2.0s of this issue looks pretty bad). A nice budget book...even with the flaws, I'd think it would be hard to find a better-looking copy for this price.

$225

batman13.jpg

Back

:cloud9:

I know this is probably on par with complimenting a woman's ears or elbows, but did anyone else notice how nice, crisp, and clean that bottom edge looks?

I only wish I was more irresponsible.

Well, in the interest of full disclosure and all that... the crisp bottom edge you're referring to is the edge of the artwork, not the edge of the cover. There's a thin sliver of unprinted cover under that which is slightly worn, & not quite as sharp.

The other two cover edges are extremely alluring, though. lol

:cloud9:

I know this is probably on par with complimenting a woman's ears or elbows, but did anyone else notice how nice, crisp, and clean that bottom edge looks?

I only wish I was more irresponsible.

Well, in the interest of full disclosure and all that... the crisp bottom edge you're referring to is the edge of the artwork, not the edge of the cover. There's a thin sliver of unprinted cover under that which is slightly worn, & not quite as sharp.

The other two cover edges are extremely alluring, though. lol

And everything in between ;)