• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Some GA & pulps. Cool stuff!

118 posts in this topic

Thrilling Comics #47, reading copy. Neat Schomburg WWII cover. Real pretty cover, but interior is unfortunately missing a story page, and some interior pages are a bit askew because of tears at bottom spine. Blowout price... heck, the cover wrap alone should be worth more than this.

$23

thrilling47.jpg

Back

:takeit:

All-True Romances #13 in 3.5. Without a doubt the sleaziest precode "romance" comic I've ever read...from the cover (what says "true romance" more than busty babes and heavy drinking?), to the contents (among other things, several pretty intense rape attempt scenes, on the first splash page and beyond)... wild that kids could buy this off the stands in 1953. Solid, fairly attractive copy of what I'd guess is an uncommon book.

$30

alltrue13.jpg

Back

Thrilling Comics #47, reading copy. Neat Schomburg WWII cover. Real pretty cover, but interior is unfortunately missing a story page, and some interior pages are a bit askew because of tears at bottom spine. Blowout price... heck, the cover wrap alone should be worth more than this.

$23

You got it. Thanks! (thumbs u

All-True Romances #13 in 3.5. Without a doubt the sleaziest precode "romance" comic I've ever read...from the cover (what says "true romance" more than busty babes and heavy drinking?), to the contents (among other things, several pretty intense rape attempt scenes, on the first splash page and beyond)... wild that kids could buy this off the stands in 1953. Solid, fairly attractive copy of what I'd guess is an uncommon book.

$30

Sold, thank you Roy!

Couple more comics and that'll do it...

Walt Disney Comics & Stories #26 in 2.5. Great early WDCS book with the classic Donald Duck football cover. Fun stuff inside, including a number of WWII-themed strips and features. General wear & some dirt/foxing on cover. Affordable copy.

$50

71627.jpg

Back

Hangman #4, reading copy. Missing centerfold, rough but fairly solid copy with archival tape on entire spine. Outrageous war stories throughout, including one that features a Nazi robot dinosaur (!). Classic WWII MLJ, real tough to find.

$85

Sold! (thumbs u I love these Hangman books. Great read.

Fight Comics #39 in qualified 4.5. WWII Fiction House book from the sweet spot of the run. Classic headlights cover. Book looks great, deep rich inks (love the rosy colors!) & glossy, but the centerfold is loose and has tattered edges, and a few strips of paper missing in the margins (the worst of which is shown here.) Other than that, quite a pretty copy. Stories in this book are loaded with GGA (a lot here even by Fiction House standards!) and really nice art.

$65

fight39.jpg

Back

Hangman #4, reading copy. Missing centerfold, rough but fairly solid copy with archival tape on entire spine. Outrageous war stories throughout, including one that features a Nazi robot dinosaur (!). Classic WWII MLJ, real tough to find.

$85

Thanks, my first GA purchase! :)

Startling Stories, Sept 1950. These two lovely ladies would like to go home with you. Look into their eyes... Attractive copy, cool interior illos.

$16

start50.jpg

Back

Come on home. :takeit:

(Actually it was the cool space ships that sold me...)

Startling Stories, Sept 1950. These two lovely ladies would like to go home with you. Look into their eyes... Attractive copy, cool interior illos.

$16

Come on home. :takeit:

(Actually it was the cool space ships that sold me...)

:applause:

$85

Thanks, my first GA purchase! :)

:applause:

Congrats, and welcome to the GA club!

Let's give a bump to this wayward thread, shall we? :whistle:

Here's what's left:

Page 1:

Exciting Comics #33 2.0/2.5 -- $150

Menace #2 1.5 -- $32

Blue Beetle #22 3.0/3.5 -- $49

Page 2:

Terrifying Tales #13 3.0/3.5 -- $80

Startling Terror Tales #14 6.0/6.5 -- $110

Secret Service Operator #5 June 1938 -- $45

Future Nov. 1950 -- $9

Startling Stories Summer 1944 -- $26 SOLD

Page 3:

Famous Fantastic Mysteries June 1947 -- $25

Walt Disney's Comics & Stories #26 2.5 -- $50

Page 4:

Uncle Scrooge #37 5.0/5.5 -- $11

Fight Comics #39 4.5 Q -- $65 SOLD

Take an additional 10% off all prices. :ohnoez:

Thread closes in the morning. Thanks all!

Fight Comics #39 in qualified 4.5. WWII Fiction House book from the sweet spot of the run. Classic headlights cover. Book looks great, deep rich inks (love the rosy colors!) & glossy, but the centerfold is loose and has tattered edges, and a few strips of paper missing in the margins (the worst of which is shown here.) Other than that, quite a pretty copy. Stories in this book are loaded with GGA (a lot here even by Fiction House standards!) and really nice art.

$65

fight39.jpg

Back

:takeit: @ 10% off.