• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Some GA & pulps. Cool stuff!

118 posts in this topic

Human Torch #38 in 2.0. Cool precode Atlas. Human Torch and Toro vs North Korean communists, and a fantastic Sub-Mariner story by the talented Bill Everett! Cover wrap is detached at bottom staple, holding at top staple. Cream/offwhite pages, a bit weak in the ULC. Nice clean reading copy.

$90

humantorch38.jpg

Back

:takeit:

Spicy Adventure Stories, Dec. 1942. Very tough (IMO) later Spicy, with war-themed cover and stories. One wild thing is that this book contains 4 pages of a b/w comic story... a GGA story much like those of Fiction House, but a bit racier (see one page here!) The cover is quite clean but seems a bit dull (not faded), like it was printed without gloss. Tear at bottom through the lady's leg. Spine is missing a 1/2" piece at bottom, but otherwise is surprisingly nice for this era. Pages are cream/lightly tanned but quite supple.

$80

spicy-42.jpg

Back

Human Torch #38 in 2.0. Cool precode Atlas. Human Torch and Toro vs North Korean communists, and a fantastic Sub-Mariner story by the talented Bill Everett! Cover wrap is detached at bottom staple, holding at top staple. Cream/offwhite pages, a bit weak in the ULC. Nice clean reading copy.

$90

humantorch38.jpg

Back

^^ Thanks so much, Sharon! (worship)

Look Magazine, 1940. Really cool large-size magazine with the 2-page feature "How Superman Would Win the War", by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster!, in which Superman kicks the asses of Hitler and Stalin and hauls them before a war tribunal. There's also a page profiling Siegel and Shuster, with neat photos of them at work. Magazine is a bit worn, but looks nice. This mag used to be reasonably common on ebay, but I haven't seen one in a long time. (Note: shipping cost will be a bit higher than for comics, as this is an oversize item.)

$45 SOLD

look1940.jpg

look1940pg.jpg

We canceled our dinner plans because it was so messy out...I'm glad I cooked, lol...I'm happier with the comic;)

Thanks for listing it, Jon!

Congrats! Sharon much better then a steak:)

Radio Mirror Magazine, 1938. Scarce radio magazine with cover and two pages of illustrations of the early Disney characters. Great cover with early renditions of Mickey and Donald. Feature inside "Why Dictators Fear the Radio", with photos of Mussolini and Stalin. I've never seen another copy of this mag. (Note: shipping cost will be a bit higher than for comics, as this is an oversize item.)

$40

radiomirror1938.jpg

Look Magazine, 1940. Really cool large-size magazine with the 2-page feature "How Superman Would Win the War", by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster!, in which Superman kicks the asses of Hitler and Stalin and hauls them before a war tribunal. There's also a page profiling Siegel and Shuster, with neat photos of them at work. Magazine is a bit worn, but looks nice. This mag used to be reasonably common on ebay, but I haven't seen one in a long time. (Note: shipping cost will be a bit higher than for comics, as this is an oversize item.)

$45

look1940.jpg

look1940pg.jpg

$45

^^ Thanks, Bob!

...I guess this was a pretty happening thread after all, huh. :baiting:

$45

^^ Thanks, Bob!

...I guess this was a pretty happening thread after all, huh. :baiting:

Finally. :acclaim:

Last book of the night.

Shock Suspenstories 6 in 3.5/4.0. Beautiful Wally Wood cover on this EC classic. Harsh technical grade. The front shows really well, but there's a sub crease which shows up more prominently on the back, a few small chips on the back, and two pages have a clean 1.5" tear at the bottom. Pages are cream (call it "dark cream" to be safe) to offwhite, and supple.

Hate to offer this one up...it's a recent pickup, and it took me a looong time to find a copy this presentable.

$145

shock6.jpg

Back

Last book of the night.

Shock Suspenstories 6 in 3.5/4.0. Beautiful Wally Wood cover on this EC classic. Harsh technical grade. The front shows really well, but there's a sub crease which shows up more prominently on the back, a few small chips on the back, and two pages have a clean 1.5" tear at the bottom. Pages are cream (call it "dark cream" to be safe) to offwhite, and supple.

Hate to offer this one up...it's a recent pickup, and it took me a looong time to find a copy this presentable.

$145

shock6.jpg

Back

Nice looking copy! (thumbs u

Sub-Mariner Comics #5, reading copy. Book is unfortunately missing the centerfold, but is otherwise complete. Spring 1942 issue -- right after Pearl Harbor, and it shows -- all of the stories are war stories, with a pretty angry tone to them. (Check out these splash pages! Subbie splash Angel splash ) Great Timely read. The book is otherwise Fair with some amateur repairs on front cover (LRC) and back (top edge). Nice offwhite pages, and a pretty tough book IMO. OS Guide is $300 in Good.

$130

submariner5.jpg

Back

Per PM.

Sub-Mariner Comics #5, reading copy. Book is unfortunately missing the centerfold, but is otherwise complete. Spring 1942 issue -- right after Pearl Harbor, and it shows -- all of the stories are war stories, with a pretty angry tone to them. (Check out these splash pages! Subbie splash Angel splash ) Great Timely read. The book is otherwise Fair with some amateur repairs on front cover (LRC) and back (top edge). Nice offwhite pages, and a pretty tough book IMO. OS Guide is $300 in Good.

Per PM.

You, sir, are a WINNAH. Thanks so much! (thumbs u

Night all!