• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Some GA & pulps. Cool stuff!

118 posts in this topic

Last book of the night.

Shock Suspenstories 6 in 3.5/4.0. Beautiful Wally Wood cover on this EC classic. Harsh technical grade. The front shows really well, but there's a sub crease which shows up more prominently on the back, a few small chips on the back, and two pages have a clean 1.5" tear at the bottom. Pages are cream (call it "dark cream" to be safe) to offwhite, and supple.

Hate to offer this one up...it's a recent pickup, and it took me a looong time to find a copy this presentable.

$145

shock6.jpg

Back

Sorry to see you selling this! :(

Look Magazine, 1940. Really cool large-size magazine with the 2-page feature "How Superman Would Win the War", by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster!, in which Superman kicks the asses of Hitler and Stalin and hauls them before a war tribunal. There's also a page profiling Siegel and Shuster, with neat photos of them at work. Magazine is a bit worn, but looks nice. This mag used to be reasonably common on ebay, but I haven't seen one in a long time. (Note: shipping cost will be a bit higher than for comics, as this is an oversize item.)

$45

:takeit:

^^ Thanks, Bob!

...I guess this was a pretty happening thread after all, huh. :baiting:

Finally. :acclaim:

That is one TOUGH magazine to find. Congratulations.

Spicy Adventure Stories, Dec. 1942. Very tough (IMO) later Spicy, with war-themed cover and stories. One wild thing is that this book contains 4 pages of a b/w comic story... a GGA story much like those of Fiction House, but a bit racier (see one page here!) The cover is quite clean but seems a bit dull (not faded), like it was printed without gloss. Tear at bottom through the lady's leg. Spine is missing a 1/2" piece at bottom, but otherwise is surprisingly nice for this era. Pages are cream/lightly tanned but quite supple.

$80

spicy-42.jpg

Back

Just for you, Jon. :takeit:

Thanks, Dino and John, for the kind words on the Shock 6.

Such a cool cover. It's one of those books that does come up in the lowest grades, but even finding a VG can be a bit of a challenge, at least in my experience. It won't break my heart to hold onto it. :)

Last book of the night.

Shock Suspenstories 6 in 3.5/4.0. Beautiful Wally Wood cover on this EC classic. Harsh technical grade. The front shows really well, but there's a sub crease which shows up more prominently on the back, a few small chips on the back, and two pages have a clean 1.5" tear at the bottom. Pages are cream (call it "dark cream" to be safe) to offwhite, and supple.

Hate to offer this one up...it's a recent pickup, and it took me a looong time to find a copy this presentable.

$145

shock6.jpg

Back

Might be a nice second GA purchase. hm

Look Magazine, 1940. Really cool large-size magazine with the 2-page feature "How Superman Would Win the War", by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster!, in which Superman kicks the asses of Hitler and Stalin and hauls them before a war tribunal. There's also a page profiling Siegel and Shuster, with neat photos of them at work. Magazine is a bit worn, but looks nice. This mag used to be reasonably common on ebay, but I haven't seen one in a long time. (Note: shipping cost will be a bit higher than for comics, as this is an oversize item.)

$45

^^ Thanks, Bob!

Well, and you can't exactly overlook Rita Hayworth :cloud9:

$45

^^ Thanks, Bob!

Why do you think I bought it?!? :insane:

$45

^^ Thanks, Bob!

Rita was in that issue? Damn, why wasn't it mentioned in the description? :frustrated:

To hell with Superman and Hitler, I would have snapped it up when it was posted if I knew Rita was in it.

When your looking at picture on the iphone in threads like these half of them don't load and seeing here name typed on the cover is hard to spot :(

I'll have to add that issue to my list.

Final go-around for this thread. Folks, thanks so much for the purchases. :applause:

(Everything has been shipped, BTW.) :cool:

The unsold books are as follows:

Page 1:

Exciting Comics #33 2.0/2.5 -- $150

Menace #2 1.5 -- $32

Blue Beetle #22 3.0/3.5 -- $49

Page 2:

Terrifying Tales #13 (LB Cole) 3.0/3.5 -- $80

Startling Terror Tales #14 (LB Cole) 6.0/6.5 -- $110

Secret Service Operator #5 June 1938 -- $45

Future Nov. 1950 -- $9

Page 3:

Famous Fantastic Mysteries June 1947 -- $25

Walt Disney's Comics & Stories #26 2.5 -- $50

Page 4:

Uncle Scrooge #37 5.0/5.5 -- $11

Page 6:

Startling Stories, May 1950 -- $26 SOLD

Thrilling Wonder Stories, Oct 1949 -- $26 SOLD

Thrilling Wonder Stories, Oct 1950 -- $23

Page 7:

Radio Mirror Magazine, April 1938 (Disney cvr) -- $40

Page 8:

Shock Suspenstories #6 in 3.5/4.0. -- $145

Last call:

10% off all listed prices;

15% off two or more books (with the exception of the Shock 6).

Cheers... :)

Startling Stories, Summer 1944. Awesome zombie cover... Walking Dead prototype ish? :) Nice colors and crisp spine, but interior covers have some tanning and cover stock is somewhat weak/chippy on the edges. Still pretty decent.

$26

start44.jpg

Back

Is this still available and would it still be 10% off? If so, :takeit:

Don't think I can pass up a pulp with a Manly Wade Wellman story in it.

how did i miss this?

:frustrated: