• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Prisoner - American Movie Classics

18 posts in this topic

I watched the whole thing.

About 6 months ago we watched the complete series on disc.....so I was a more than interested in this new show.

It was too fractured for my taste. I had no idea what was goin on most of the time. It just didn't flow. And the end........ :P

I think its gonna be a weekly series and that was the pilot, which might be a good thing.

I was really looking forward to the new AMC series, and was basically disappointed. Too high expectations after enjoying the original series. Pretty disjointed, no flow at all to the story. That's not necessarily a downcheck in some movies, but this one just never jelled for me. Sigh...back to the original for another watch some time this winter.

The original had to grow on me but I ended up really liking it. This one not too much.

The first one had to grow on me as well, but once it did, I bacame a lifelong fan!

The new one hasn't done that yet. I'm going to watch it again and see what happens. I was left confused by a great deal of the show. Was the Village real? Was the "real" world real? I was left confused with most of it, but the ride was fun, so I'll go back a second time.

The Blu-Ray version of the original series (just released) looks PHENOMENAL. It's hard to believe it's a TV series from 1967-68.

Here's a clip:

. It sure does. I just may need to replace my standard def set.

I've been mulling over replacing my set. My wife hates it, though and money is sorta tight......

The Blu-Ray version of the original series (just released) looks PHENOMENAL. It's hard to believe it's a TV series from 1967-68.

Here's a clip:

Okay, now I'm going to have to get this in Blu Ray! :D

I tried watching the new series, but frankly I can't figure why they felt compelled to re-make this series. The original is so unique, it's almost impossible to re-create. The very last episode is a surreal mess, but the series itself is amazing.

Beyond having Ian McKellan as #2, the new series leaves me cold.