• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jay Company Comics - No Response

104 posts in this topic

This would be the first thread about J. Company. Yes, it takes them some time because they travel all over chasing comics. However my experience w/ them has been well worth the wait. Every time I placed an order I received MINT condition book's!

I am having the same problem with jay company. I put in two orders with 4 copies each of the ASM #606 LBCC around late September. A few weeks later two packages arrive with one comic book In each box. I am still short 6 copies. I've been trying to email and call them but have not gotten anything back.

Still haven't heard anything on my order either.

It has been 4 months since Jay Company took my money for (3) copies of Amazing Spider-Man #606 Long Beach Comic Con Exclusive- Campbell. They only sent me one copy. They have not responded to emails or voice mail messages. There is simply no excuse for this poor customer service.

Still trying to get a response from Jay Company Comics. Sent another message on their website, emailed them and left them voice mail.

Still missing (2) copies of Amazing Spider-Man #606 Long Beach Comic Con Exclusive- Campbell from an order on Sept 26, 2009.

If anyone is going to the Long Beach Con - I would appreciate you asking for the status.

I have asked them for either 1) the books, 2) a refund ($10/each) or 3) credit.

It has been 4 months, I still cannot get any response.

Brian

Still trying to get a response from Jay Company Comics. Sent another message on their website, emailed them and left them voice mail.

Still missing (2) copies of Amazing Spider-Man #606 Long Beach Comic Con Exclusive- Campbell from an order on Sept 26, 2009.

If anyone is going to the Long Beach Con - I would appreciate you asking for the status.

Brian

ouch...that might be as bad as comic supply's response time (shrug)

Brian

Very sorry to hear this. That's just not acceptable. If I go, I'll mention something.

If they have copies of the book, I can maybe obtain them and send them to you myself.

I'll let you know.

Very sorry to hear this. That's just not acceptable. If I go, I'll mention something.

If they have copies of the book, I can maybe obtain them and send them to you myself.

I'll let you know.

Wow - that would be fantastic!!!!!! (thumbs u

I would gladly repay you for the shipping!

I am just curious whty they just dont respond. heck - "We are sorry - we ran out of the book - here is $20 credit"

Brian

Yes, I already paid for shipping. The original order was for 5 books. Of the 5, 3 were the Amazing Spider-Man #606 Long Beach Comic Con Exclusive- Campbell. My credit card was charged for the full order. When the order arrived, there was only 1 copy of the ASM.

My order number was #82. On their website, the order is marked as "Not Finished".

Yes, I understand that you can only ask. it will be interesting to see their comment.

THANKS!!!!

Wow - I was just looking at the Jay Company Comics website. They still have the Amazing Spider-Man #606 Long Beach Comic Con Exclusive- Campbell for sale.

They cant send me the 2 missing copies that I paid for, but they still are advertising it for someone else. Be Careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see that Jay Company Comics is sending out email for C2E2 books.

I have contacted them again in regards to my Sept 26th order.

On Sept 26th, I placed an order on their website for 5 books. 3 of the books were the Amazing Spider-Man #606 Long Beach Comic Con Exclusive- Campbell.

When the order arrived, there was only 1 copy of the Amazing Spider-Man #606 Long Beach Comic Con Exclusive- Campbell.

They still have the ASM 606 comic for sale on their website.

This is amazingly POOR customer service.

I know a lot of people like to stick up for the Jays and I agree they have great books, but you WILL get shafted by them eventually. These people are dishonest and I strongly advise anyone thinking of doing business with the Jay's to reconsider. I put in a $400 order with them a year or two ago and it took them 3 months to get it to me. When it arrived, half the books were missing and the rest were totally damaged due to poor packaging. I emailed them a hundred times about getting them to ship me the correct books and to replace the damaged ones, but they never responded. I eventually filed a dispute with my credit card company but since it was so long after I placed the order, the dispute was closed and I had to eat the money. I'm so sick of people telling me the Jay's are good guys. The Jay's are selfish ignorant people who couldn't care less about their customers. This was not the first time I had trouble with the Jays, but it was the last, since I no longer deal with them. They make a million excuses for why they are behind in shipping or don't get back to people, but the bottom line is, it's their job to provide a reasonable level of customer service and if they can't, they shouldn't be in business. We can be kind and understanding to a point, but I'm out $400 and that's an utter disgrace. The Jays have zero concept of what drives a business. All the fancy books in the world aren't going to mean a thing if they continue to cast off good paying customers. I just saw recently that they've been doing these youtube videos. As far as I'm concerned, if they are so busy that they can't respond to a few emails or fix a problem, they shouldn't be worried about "advertising" on youtube. It would seem to me that taking care of the customers they still have would be the first priority.

Anyway, I'm sure their will be people that disagree with me, and I understand that. I'm not trying to be a jerk to everyone who likes the Jays. I just have had bad experiences with them and have lost a lot of money. This clearly isn't an isolated thing, as many many people have been complaining about these guys for years. I think it's time we as customers stop making excuses for propping up a couple of dishonest and unprofessional individuals. That's just my not so humble opinion.

Yup sounds like this shop, dealer is total trash and a scumbag. At this point there is no legit excuse or defense. I would look into filing criminal charges, they took your money for goods and never provided them, that is theft. And after this long, he has no intention of doing anything other then keeping your money and laughing at you.

I know a lot of people like to stick up for the Jays and I agree they have great books, but you WILL get shafted by them eventually. These people are dishonest and I strongly advise anyone thinking of doing business with the Jay's to reconsider. I put in a $400 order with them a year or two ago and it took them 3 months to get it to me. When it arrived, half the books were missing and the rest were totally damaged due to poor packaging. I emailed them a hundred times about getting them to ship me the correct books and to replace the damaged ones, but they never responded. I eventually filed a dispute with my credit card company but since it was so long after I placed the order, the dispute was closed and I had to eat the money. I'm so sick of people telling me the Jay's are good guys. The Jay's are selfish ignorant people who couldn't care less about their customers. This was not the first time I had trouble with the Jays, but it was the last, since I no longer deal with them. They make a million excuses for why they are behind in shipping or don't get back to people, but the bottom line is, it's their job to provide a reasonable level of customer service and if they can't, they shouldn't be in business. We can be kind and understanding to a point, but I'm out $400 and that's an utter disgrace. The Jays have zero concept of what drives a business. All the fancy books in the world aren't going to mean a thing if they continue to cast off good paying customers. I just saw recently that they've been doing these youtube videos. As far as I'm concerned, if they are so busy that they can't respond to a few emails or fix a problem, they shouldn't be worried about "advertising" on youtube. It would seem to me that taking care of the customers they still have would be the first priority.

Anyway, I'm sure their will be people that disagree with me, and I understand that. I'm not trying to be a jerk to everyone who likes the Jays. I just have had bad experiences with them and have lost a lot of money. This clearly isn't an isolated thing, as many many people have been complaining about these guys for years. I think it's time we as customers stop making excuses for propping up a couple of dishonest and unprofessional individuals. That's just my not so humble opinion.

WTTB ???