• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hong Kong Newspaper says buy CGC Comics

52 posts in this topic

Maybe the guy who bought Michael Jackson's glove for $350K will start buying books.

hm

Was he from Hong Kong too?

Maybe buying a slabbed american comic book and giving it to a chinese friend or relative has become a fad. Theres a lotta folks over there

:news:

So it HAS become a FAD already?? I mean a FAD.....like a big time FAD thing.....where everyone is into it cuz if you're not then your a dork? Like FAD the american word for a sweeping craze ?

ok.....im a dork doh!

Maybe the guy who bought Michael Jackson's glove for $350K will start buying books.

hm

Maybe buying a slabbed american comic book and giving it to a chinese friend or relative has become a fad. Theres a lotta folks over there

So it HAS become a FAD already?? I mean a FAD.....like a big time FAD thing.....where everyone is into it cuz if you're not then your a dork? Like FAD the american word for a sweeping craze ?

ok.....im a dork doh!

Like THE PET ROCK or POKE'MON.?

hm

ok.....im a dork doh!

Like THE PET ROCK or POKE'MON.?

I love pogs.

He'll be along shortly to ask you why. :taptaptap:

That guy hangs out here? I'd like to ask him a few questions about their affiliation with VIP, the company that kept the VALIANT characters in legal-limbo for years before VEI finally got their paws on them (and is now doing nothing good with them.)

Not saying VIP would have done better... after all Dynamic Forces only sells manufactured collectibles, right?

-slym (...oh no he didn't!)

In all seriousness. It is evident that China has a LOT of money to acquire the best of everything. At least, many of them do. They are handling the world wide economic downturn better than any other country from what I see on the news. Many of themn have become super wealthy and like to spend their money on "things" that are the best. I mean better than their neighbors.

Besides comic books, one of my other hobbies is racing homing pigeons. Some pigeons sell for more than most comic books. What everyone in that hobby has noticed is that China is buying up all of the really valuable and noteworthy racing pigeons available. Most high value pigeons come from Belgium and Chiona and Taiwan are buying them like hotcakes. For prices ranging from 2K to 100K and some suspect, even more (many private deals never disclose monetary values). The highest I have heard that was accepted as known truth, was allegedly 250K.

One interesting aspect of this is that China is "allowed" to import pigeons but not allowed to export pigeons. Once they are in China, they stay in China.

I would assume and hope that this would not apply to comic books.

BETTER start my search for the rare SHOWCASE 27 variant that REALLY introduces GREEN LANTERN.... doh!

Actually, for an article that was written for a mainstream audience in Hong Kong, I thought only 2 errors was pretty good.