• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #252 CGC 5.5 1st Supergirl/ Lower price and let's add a couple...

23 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, Happy Thanksgiving

Action Comics #252 CGC 5.5 CR/OW Pages

* Small water stain/ Pull date

Checks, money orders and Paypal all work

1st I'll take it, takes it

Shipping = $7 US , $17 Canada, $30 Worldwide

GPA : Last 5.5 was $458 but in 12/07, last 6.0 $550 in 10/09

Board price $425

action252cgc55crow.jpg

Best,

Greg

FULL date stamp :luhv:

Who would've placed this stamp on this book? I have an Avenger book that is stamped like this, where the date stamp on the book is earlier than the publication date of the book. I always assumed stamps came from stores. Would a store have this book in March when it was supposed to be out in May? Maybe this is a dumb line of questioning altogether but I honestly don't know the workings on this.

ps: Great book. I have been looking for one but bad timing. :cry:

All comics were on the newsstands roughly 1-3 months prior to their publication dates..not sure why but that is consistant...so this book is 5/59, so Feb or March 59 would be it's newsstand birth :) It's pretty consistant....like ASM 1 is a Mar 63 book, but it was out in Dec 62 or Jan 63 (i've seen it stamped on both)...also, distributors, drug stores, etc would have stamped comic covers upon receipt. I would imagine only the comic on the top of the tied bundle would get the stamp..