• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanksgiving Going-Ons....

31 posts in this topic

Well, the cabbage casserole is in the oven, the Reisling is chilling in the fridge and the girls are having their annual Godzilla marathon before packing up our "bringings" and heading over to Mama CC's for dinner, also Papa CC is turning 70 years young today as his B-Day hits on Thanksgiving every three or four years, and he almost shot his age yesterday as he carded a 75 from the white tees ( he refuses to play the senoir tees).....I came in with a 78 and have to upgrade his 5th of Scotch to a half gallon now.....no prob as he is my Pops. So, who's preping and who's just waiting to sow down????

I'm spending the day relaxing at my parents' house in LA. Last night I went to the Magic Castle in Hollywood with my brother and his girlfriend and saw some great shows. The girlfriend's two-year-old was running up and down the hall at 7 am, so I'm operating on about six hours sleep. But it's all worth it. He's a great kid and it's nice to have a "virtual" nephew.

Just me, the missus and a 22 lbs bird that will have us in leftovers for a good week + :grin:

+1

It'll be a quiet one this year. Just us two and some drinks :)

Shouldn't have spent so much on comics.

(tsk)

Just me, the missus and a 22 lbs bird that will have us in leftovers for a good week + :grin:

+1

It'll be a quiet one this year. Just us two and some drinks :)

Shouldn't have spent so much on comics.

(tsk)

Why not? I like seeing the little lady in her tight leggings prancing around, cooking the turkey... nothing like a good meal, drinks and dessert :devil:

Heck, I might even get the fireplace going lol

Well, I just got home from work (I work at a gym), so now I'm waiting for everyone to get going down to Golden Corral. Yea, buffet food. BE JEALOUS!

Haha, I'm going to the buffet too for Turkey dinner... Couldn't get out of town because of working the basketball game (and im going to FL/FSU on saturday) so it's the buffet for me! :banana: best part: no dishes to wash. worst part: no leftovers

I just finished the recycle project on last years Christmas tree. I chuck it at the woodline of the property till this time the following year aka today. Then I pull my best Leatherface performance on it, whack off all the branches ( there's one for the "out of context" member quotes) then saw it right down the middle w/ the trusty Poulan and then saw it into sections.....best kindling in the world. Needless to say the outside fireplace will have the hickory rolling for roasting marshmellows for smores after the 6:00 chow down-now I smell like 2 cycle exhaust and have wood chips in my hair.....off to the shower....Happy Thanksgiving everyone-Peace CC.

Just finished putting the Turkey in, got the stuffing going, wife is napping and so are kids. Just throwing together some snacks for company and watching Star Trek (new movie). Also sneaking in a small sales thread for those who want to escape their in-laws :whistle:

Just finished putting the Turkey in, got the stuffing going, wife is napping and so are kids. Just throwing together some snacks for company and watching Star Trek (new movie). Also sneaking in a small sales thread for those who want to escape their in-laws :whistle:
Hope it has something decent.

I'll probably microwave something like a hot pocket or some chicken noodle soup. I have been sick for the past two days with either a cold or the flu.I am not having a Thanksgiving dinner. I don't have alot of family so we don't do the family get togethers. My Dad and Mom are divorced so getting them together doesn't work. My Half brotheris married and goes to his wifes parents .

So the Turkey Nazi Says "No Turkey for YOU"

89992.jpg.d4f71a0e877bad8a8e07cd14dd215dcd.jpg

Hope it has something decent.

The turkey doesn't have much in it. Some butter, s and p, broth, a little marjoram...basting every forty minutes to start, then every twenty minutes. The last ten minutes is spent open top on broil with a butter and brother base to brown it nicely.

Oh. wait. Did you mean the thread...?

Currently stuffed, me - from the turkey...

Pea salad was deeeeliscious as always, I've got this thing for pea salad.

Pecan pie for the third game of the day, don't care who's

playing. Wife is snoozing in her recliner with two tiny dogs piled on

her and the Cowboys on, they suck.

Enjoy all, even you Canadians.

Phil

We ate early, my wife had to work tonight, 6 to 10 PM!

Poor gal really needs a better job, but she likes this one.

*shrugs*

That's all right, she and I both have tomorrow off, and we're going to the bar to get our drink on with breakfast, and maybe blow out a few bucks at video poker. Good weekend all around, even if the Lions did tank it... again.