• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Church Books: Is the Run Done?

70 posts in this topic

Long time ago, you use to see Church "runs" or a good number of consecutive issues be 'sold' or traded together.

I know present (and past economics) is a large/predominate factor.

Perhaps as a factor of price or trying to move them, one sees the 'runs' broken up through the recent years.....Nationals.....Targets....go the way of the do-do bird....

So what runs....partial runs....are still together?

Do we see this reach the point when the 'run will be done' for all Church books?

Is there some Humpty Dumpty putting a run or runs back together?

jb

I will kick it off with my Fantastic run with three books not existing from Church (17, 18, and 19)

As far as I know, Steve Fishler still has a long run of Thrillings. And, of course, Verzyl has the Timelys.

don't i recall a big run of pep's being up on metro awhile back. not for sale, but just for display?

Short runs are the best.....

Here is the rest of this terrific little run.....Obviously with this store ordering four a month, it was not a big seller...Jim Mooney did two knock out covers here.....

I do have the runs of Crash, Champion, Mystery Men and Wonderworld. (Samson 1 and 2) Books I could not even dream of owning in the present market. One day they too will scattered in the wind.

jb

90135.jpg.50f9458a96026476d5833fb8ddbfcd15.jpg

90136.jpg.aa895ce15807ac014dff6b0cf6ce23d0.jpg

90137.jpg.099441fedd94a00bad747dd488610655.jpg

90138.jpg.dc8e10199909cdca75fe4103df031f99.jpg

I do have the runs of Crash, Champion, Mystery Men and Wonderworld.

And don't forget Hit!

One of the dumbest things I have ever done was sell the National run I got from you.

Unfortunately the economics of the market didn't allow the person I sold them to to resell them as a set.

But on the bright side, many collectors now have the opportunity to own a book or two from that run.

Here is the rest of this terrific little run.....Obviously with this store ordering four a month, it was not a big seller...Jim Mooney did two knock out covers here.....

I do have the runs of Crash, Champion, Mystery Men and Wonderworld. (Samson 1 and 2) Books I could not even dream of owning in the present market. One day they too will scattered in the wind.

jb

Great books as usual :headbang:

I remember back in the mid 80s a local dealer had what I believe was the complete MH Cat-Man run. I picked up the #13 which I still have. I had little money and no foresight but how I wish I had both those decades past.

I believe they were sold during the Vault Opening in the mid-90s. Dan G. had them for a while. jb

I do have the runs of Crash, Champion, Mystery Men and Wonderworld.

And don't forget Hit!

One of the dumbest things I have ever done was sell the National run I got from you.

Unfortunately the economics of the market didn't allow the person I sold them to to resell them as a set.

But on the bright side, many collectors now have the opportunity to own a book or two from that run.

....Which sale to you helped in part to finance my purchase of the Lou Fine cover to Planet Comics 1- the gem of my collection. In that lies a story...

At times, it is just like "monopoly money".....

jb

90139.jpg.22a7a3c73f9b12d34465c25683c3bbd2.jpg