• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Comic Book Storyline Would You Like To See On The Big Screen?

59 posts in this topic

4027595054_4210c2b58d.jpg

Miracleman..of course.

This is the way I would do it:

Have the first movie be "A dream of flying" and "The red king syndrome". End the movie with the last panel of Red king.....which sets up....."Olympus"

"Olympus" would be the second movie.

"The Golden Age"-would be an Hbo series since Miracleman is hardly in it.

The thrid movie would be "The silver Age" and the fourth would be "The dark age".....this is assuming these final two books are completed.

Miracleman..of course.

Have the first movie be "A dream of flying" and "The red king syndrome". End the movie with the last panel of Red king.....which sets up....."Olympus"

The thrid movie would be "The silver Age" and the fourth would be "The dark age".....this is assuming these final two books are completed.

I think my brother would agree with you on a Miracleman movie.

Miracleman..of course.

I never read Miracleman. Where do those TPBs rank in storytelling compared to others?

If they harness the DC characters into a blockbuster theme with separate movies leading into the Doomsday/Death of Superman storyline it would kick butt.

They had media coverage on it 15 years ago. There are literally generations of people who would remember that and a new generations that would love to see it. They have the effects to pull it off now. It's a no brainer.

That's why Marvel is doing it. It's the comics of the future. They take 3 years to make each video version of a comic but they are creating a virtual universe on the screen and making millions with each flick.

Kingdom Come is another one. That would just be awesome.

Totally agree with you there Roy :o

And if we're going into the epic proportions of Kingdom Come, then I'd have to throw Secret Wars in there too.

I've said this before.

I think the next level in comics will be layered, epic movies like they started with Lord Of the Rings trilogy. It's just the next step. They have the effects, they have the audience, they have the near limitless stories to draw from and now they (the publishers, finally) have the money. It's just a matter of time before they create followers of comic book related movies just like they used to do serials back in the 40's and 50's on television.

The only draw back is how long it takes to make a single movie but if they space it out properly and write them well, with multiple franchises you can have several films a year intertwined.

Daredevil Reboot: Born Again

EXACTLY what I was going to say! In my opinion this is the only way to save the Daredevil franchise.

Jay

(thumbs u

I never read Miracleman. Where do those TPBs rank in storytelling compared to others?

Compared to other what? Compared to other Alan Moore work or compared to everyone else? Compared to Alan Moore's other stuff, it ranks at or near the top. I happen to prefer Swamp Thing. Compared to everything else ever written in the comic genre by anyone other than Alan Moore, it is as good or better.

Compared to other what? Compared to other Alan Moore work or compared to everyone else? Compared to Alan Moore's other stuff, it ranks at or near the top. I happen to prefer Swamp Thing. Compared to everything else ever written in the comic genre by anyone other than Alan Moore, it is as good or better.

Thanks. I wasn't blown away by his Swamp Thing stuff. Maybe because I didn't read it until recently and its impact on comicdom was in the 80s. His Top 10 and LXG stuff was alright. LIked the Watchmen. Would his MM compare well against Kirkman's Invincible? I like Invincible, Walking Dead, The Boys, Sword, Kick and Fables. The Boys is probably my favorite. Pretty much enjoy anything Garth Ennis writes.

Thanks. I wasn't blown away by his Swamp Thing stuff. Maybe because I didn't read it until recently and its impact on comicdom was in the 80s. His Top 10 and LXG stuff was alright. LIked the Watchmen. Would his MM compare well against Kirkman's Invincible? I like Invincible, Walking Dead, The Boys, Sword, Kick and Fables. The Boys is probably my favorite. Pretty much enjoy anything Garth Ennis writes.

Of the guys writing right now, Ennis, Millar and Warren Ellis are my faves. Miracleman blows their stuff away. In fact, both Ellis and Millar have been very successful with "deconstructing" various comic mythos. No one has done it better than it was done in Miracleman.

As it relates to Kirkman, MM is much more cerebral and more epic in scope. I think that Kirkman's strength in Invincible is in the simplicity of his tales and his focus on folding his (fantastic) characters into a believable and "right-seeming universe." (Full disclosure - - I have only read the 1st two or three Invincible trades.) It is almost exactly the opposite of Walking Dead where his non-fantastic characters are thrust into a nightmarish and "wrong-seeming universe."

Bottom line - it is tough to compare the two. They are very different storytellers. But MM stacks up at the top of the heap as far as i am concerned.

Of the guys writing right now, Ennis, Millar and Warren Ellis are my faves. Miracleman blows their stuff away. In fact, both Ellis and Millar have been very successful with "deconstructing" various comic mythos. No one has done it better than it was done in Miracleman.

As it relates to Kirkman, MM is much more cerebral and more epic in scope. I think that Kirkman's strength in Invincible is in the simplicity of his tales and his focus on folding his (fantastic) characters into a believable and "right-seeming universe." (Full disclosure - - I have only read the 1st two or three Invincible trades.) It is almost exactly the opposite of Walking Dead where his non-fantastic characters are thrust into a nightmarish and "wrong-seeming universe."

Bottom line - it is tough to compare the two. They are very different storytellers. But MM stacks up at the top of the heap as far as i am concerned.

Yup, cerebral is exactly what I think of when I read any of Alan Moore's stuff. Lofty writing is not what I look for in a comic. That isn't to say that Garth Ennis or Kirkman aren't smart or creative in their writing styles. They are just easy reads. Sort of like the difference between reading Lord of the Rings and watching the movie.

Yup, cerebral is exactly what I think of when I read any of Alan Moore's stuff. Lofty writing is not what I look for in a comic. That isn't to say that Garth Ennis or Kirkman aren't smart or creative in their writing styles. They are just easy reads. Sort of like the difference between reading Lord of the Rings and watching the movie.

Excelsior!,I recommend you read Miracleman.Its a great read.