• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF #15

74 posts in this topic

Here is one option...

and folks don't jump on me because I am neither pro or against doing "anything" to improve the book

send it to Classics for $3, they will tell you if "pressing" and resub is a good option.

I did that to one of my slab and when and I get it back, I will post the result.

I was thinking about this very idea. I am about to send Classics a trio of other books, maybe I should include this one and get their opinion.

I may email the scans to Matt at Classics for his opinion before I do.

smart idea..he will give you some thoughts from the scans...and for $3 for a pro screen..WHY NOT?

I'd still re sub it if a press job won't improve the overall grade. It still looks like a 4.0 IMHO

Very nice book to have. Especially with the lack of Marvel chipping.. (thumbs u (thumbs u

I love getting books that were graded lower than the actual grade,buy the book not the grade :applause:

Truth be told, my first impression was that it had the appeal of a VG+/VG/FN copy. Pressing probably won't help this one, but a re-sub will certainly get you a grade bump. On a bad day there's no way that's anything worse than VG-.

3.0-3.5

VG- (3.5)

3.5/4.0

3.5/4.0

3.5/4.0

VG (4.0)

4.0/4.5

4.0/4.5

4.0/4.5

and one possible VG+/VG/FN(4.5/5.0).

The 4.0's have it.

Thanks again to all (worship)

Here is one option...

and folks don't jump on me because I am neither pro or against doing "anything" to improve the book

send it to Classics for $3, they will tell you if "pressing" and resub is a good option.

I did that to one of my slab and when and I get it back, I will post the result.

lol

Here is one option...

lol
(shrug)

Here is one option...

lol
(shrug)

I was laughing because he said he wasnt pro-pressing. Then went on to tell you to get it prescreened for a press and that he is getting books pressed. I dont have a problem with any of that but sheesh at least own what you are.

so If I say I am not pro or against pressing, I can't press one book? ok if that is the case, then by all means, label me in the camp that I am a presser and just assume everything I own will be pressed then.

lets not turn this thread into another pro and cons argurment like the rest.