• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is the way to get a signature on an AF #15

39 posts in this topic

:sick:

The ink can rub off easy on the Slab.

do you want to be the one who rubbed one Stan Out

I don;t like it... no way to prove authenticity, and the book itself is not a signed copy, just the piece of plastic... This kind of signature is pointless, IMNSHO... It adds nothing for me to the desirability or value of the book, and if I found it in a yard sale, the first thing I would do is clean the slab off...

I don;t like it... no way to prove authenticity, and the book itself is not a signed copy, just the piece of plastic... This kind of signature is pointless, IMNSHO... It adds nothing for me to the desirability or value of the book, and if I found it in a yard sale, the first thing I would do is clean the slab off...

Still looking for my first yard sale featuring slabbed comics.

Still looking for my first yard sale featuring slabbed comics.

Me too! Me too! :roflmao:

Slab the slab.

You know they've already seen this thread and are now debating the SS Series...

Slabbed Sig Series where they witness people signing slabs and then slab the blue label slab in a yellow label slab...

Well, it's only worthless if your goal is a signed book. But as a signed "display," I think this works. To me, this is akin to a signed card or slip of paper mounted and matted with a [unsigned] photo. Not as desirable as a signed photo, but it can be a nice display nonetheless.

Slab the slab.

(thumbs u

Slab the slab.

You know they've already seen this thread and are now debating the SS Series...

Slabbed Sig Series where they witness people signing slabs and then slab the blue label slab in a yellow label slab...

Flee-Maquette image of this in 5...4...3..2..

Well, it's only worthless if your goal is a signed book. But as a signed "display," I think this works. To me, this is akin to a signed card or slip of paper mounted and matted with a [unsigned] photo. Not as desirable as a signed photo, but it can be a nice display nonetheless.

Agreed. I personally think it looks sort of cheesy and I also love signed books. But for those who dislike having books signed and want to have a display piece with an autograph, this works perfectly.

[/img]

No damage to the book and you can still see it - why don't more sig's get done this way???

The ink can rub off easy on the Slab.

do you want to be the one who rubbed one Stan Out

:sick: