• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #7

83 posts in this topic

well, I had an OO action 7 (part of my 1-14 run I bought in 1990) that was an unrestored VF range.... and seeing what the cgc 8.0 went for last year, makes me "cringe"

Wow, imagine if you kept it. Unbelievable...prices these days. :eek:

I used to think that way, but I sold my action 1-100 and my batman 1-100 runs to finance the start of my business that I have been able to parlay into 10x what those books are worth today... so, while I will always have some regret of selling, financially, it was the best thing I could have done... if I hadn't of sold, I might be bagging grocery's at Publix right now

(thumbs u Amen, brother Rick.

I too "cringe", but have no regrets for the sales I made years ago. (Windy City Marvel 1 for $22,000 - sold for $168,000. Guy Holcombe Archie 1 for $800 that Dave just sold for $38K and many, many more). Those profits were funneled back into Moondog's and the rest is history. But it does get depressing to have to justify these sales to people who hear this and go, "Wow, you must feel like a dummy for letting them go so cheap!"

well, I had an OO action 7 (part of my 1-14 run I bought in 1990) that was an unrestored VF range.... and seeing what the cgc 8.0 went for last year, makes me "cringe"

I used to think that way, but I sold my action 1-100 and my batman 1-100 runs to finance the start of my business that I have been able to parlay into 10x what those books are worth today... so, while I will always have some regret of selling, financially, it was the best thing I could have done... if I hadn't of sold, I might be bagging grocery's at Publix right now

I too "cringe", but have no regrets for the sales I made years ago. (Windy City Marvel 1 for $22,000 - sold for $168,000. Guy Holcombe Archie 1 for $800 that Dave just sold for $38K and many, many more). Those profits were funneled back into Moondog's and the rest is history. But it does get depressing to have to justify these sales to people who hear this and go, "Wow, you must feel like a dummy for letting them go so cheap!"

At least you owned it at one point. Something that the questioner probably wouldn't be able to say. Congratulations.

I have nothing but admiration for folks who can see the big picture, and understand the relative priority of funny books behind more important goals and able to let them go to pursue goals. Congratulations to both Rick and Gary.

Is he not selling the tec 31

Offer him 20k

Rick I'm surprised you haven't made a deal for Bedrock's Tec #31 by now. hm Nicest 7.0 of any book I've ever seen.

ricky knows where I am... but I don't want to be a greedy sob lol

Meaning, "I'm cheap".

:baiting:

I think "broke" and in debt for the first time in almost 20 years doh!
:o:cry:

Does this mean cutting back on Coke Zero? Say it ain't so!

good god man, don't say that :o

Is he not selling the tec 31

Offer him 20k

Rick I'm surprised you haven't made a deal for Bedrock's Tec #31 by now. hm Nicest 7.0 of any book I've ever seen.

ricky knows where I am... but I don't want to be a greedy sob lol

Meaning, "I'm cheap".

:baiting:

I think "broke" and in debt for the first time in almost 20 years doh!
:o:cry:

Does this mean cutting back on Coke Zero? Say it ain't so!

good god man, don't say that :o
:o Rick what will happen after the 993d post? If I don't see a post beyond this I will campaign to convert people into sooners fans

Another one hu
yep
are your boys gonna cover vs. 'Bama tomorrow?
I coud care less about covering, just want the "W" baby :headbang: (I honestly have no idea what the spread is)

Another one hu
yep
I coud care less about covering, just want the "W" baby :headbang: (I honestly have no idea what the spread is)
that's what I meant--the dub--for the record, I think the spread is 5 1/2--not that I am a gambling man...

Another one hu
yep
and if Texas loses to Nebraska, that will mess up the BCS for sure...There will be mayhem in TCU, 'Natti, and Boise :insane:

Another one hu
yep

Was in Vegas last weekend until this Monday. I took Florida @ -6 and UT @ -14. Don't think the line has wavered too much since then, but I haven't looked since.

Another one hu
yep

Was in Vegas last weekend until this Monday. I took Florida @ -6 and UT @ -14. Don't think the line has wavered too much since then, but I haven't looked since.

:applause: