• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #7

83 posts in this topic

Duties include prepping fetal pigs and frogs for dissection, washing scalpels, dissecting pans, petri dishes, beakers, flasks, etc.

Perks: unlimited access to teacher's lounge where all the coke zeros are, lunch everyday with the school Bio teacher, looking at funny books during free periods :grin:

Wash those hands. :eek:

Duties include prepping fetal pigs and frogs for dissection, washing scalpels, dissecting pans, petri dishes, beakers, flasks, etc.

Perks: unlimited access to teacher's lounge where all the coke zeros are, lunch everyday with the school Bio teacher, looking at funny books during free periods :grin:

Wash those hands. :eek:

;) yes sir!

well, I had an OO action 7 (part of my 1-14 run I bought in 1990) that was an unrestored VF range.... and seeing what the cgc 8.0 went for last year, makes me "cringe"

Wow, imagine if you kept it. Unbelievable...prices these days. :eek:

I used to think that way, but I sold my action 1-100 and my batman 1-100 runs to finance the start of my business that I have been able to parlay into 10x what those books are worth today... so, while I will always have some regret of selling, financially, it was the best thing I could have done... if I hadn't of sold, I might be bagging grocery's at Publix right now

Aren't you looking for a job?

:baiting:

sadly yes :cry:

I need a TA for Biology :grin:

Interested? :wishluck:

what about commute allowances (shrug)
doh!

The 4.0 with the pink spots on it was sold also at vintage collectibles for $13500 (I knew the buyer) who then sold it later to a collector for about $35k I believe a couple of years ago

I followed the "pink" copy for a while...

Vintage sold it for the 13,500...correct...

it was listed on clink for months at 20K ,with highest offer at 17K+ that I saw...maybe then it went to auction? but was pulled from exchange and I don't recall ever seeing "pending sale" (though josh could confirm for us)

was offered on ebay multiple times (from 20-25K) and I have not seen the light of it since, and if it sold for 35K, it did so privately (shrug)

Actually it sold for $30k privately. Not sure if the buyer still has the book. i believe he still does.

The 4.0 with the pink spots on it was sold also at vintage collectibles for $13500 (I knew the buyer) who then sold it later to a collector for about $35k I believe a couple of years ago

it was listed on clink for months at 20K ,with highest offer at 17K+ that I saw...maybe then it went to auction? but was pulled from exchange and I don't recall ever seeing "pending sale" (though josh could confirm for us)

was offered on ebay multiple times (from 20-25K) and I have not seen the light of it since, and if it sold for 35K, it did so privately (shrug)

And I think the same owner had a Tec 31 in 4.0 that DK and I had tried to buy but I think his asking at the time was $25k for a 4.0...and at some point he stopped corresponding via email on both books...

(thumbs u And I still want that Tec 31 :pullhair: after a lot of begging and pleading lol

Is he not selling the tec 31

Offer him 20k

Nope, he emailed me about 2-3x in the past that he wasn't selling it yet but will let me know. Haven't heard from him for a long time now.

so, he still has the 31 Brian? But he sold the Action 7?

And I think the same owner had a Tec 31 in 4.0 that DK and I had tried to buy but I think his asking at the time was $25k for a 4.0...and at some point he stopped corresponding via email on both books...

(thumbs u And I still want that Tec 31 :pullhair: after a lot of begging and pleading lol

:foryou:

Offer him 20k

Rick I'm surprised you haven't made a deal for Bedrock's Tec #31 by now. hm Nicest 7.0 of any book I've ever seen.

ricky knows where I am... but I don't want to be a greedy sob lol

Action 7 is poor man's Action 1 and Detective 31 is poor man's Detective 27. :grin:
actually, I always thought Tec 29 was more like Action 7 since they are both 2nd cover appearances of those two superhero guys in tight underwear :grin:

you are correct sir

Action 7 is poor man's Action 1 and Detective 31 is poor man's Detective 27. :grin:
actually, I always thought Tec 29 was more like Action 7 since they are both 2nd cover appearances of those two superhero guys in tight underwear :grin:

you are correct sir

(thumbs u thanks Bill, and your Saints are blowin' up the bayou :cool:

you are correct sir

(thumbs u thanks Bill, and your Saints are blowin' up the bayou :cool:

and I am loving every minute of it!

:)

Offer him 20k

Rick I'm surprised you haven't made a deal for Bedrock's Tec #31 by now. hm Nicest 7.0 of any book I've ever seen.

Meaning, "I'm cheap".

Offer him 20k

Meaning, "I'm cheap".

I think "broke" and in debt for the first time in almost 20 years doh!

Offer him 20k

Meaning, "I'm cheap".

:o:cry:

Offer him 20k

Meaning, "I'm cheap".

:o:cry:

Does this mean cutting back on Coke Zero? Say it ain't so!