• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a price guide for British comics?

30 posts in this topic

Warrior #1-24 are worth pretty decent money, because of the Marvelman and V original stoires...

I would think NM copies of Warrior #1-#4 (Summer special, which has a MM story not reprinted anywhere else) would be £1-£10, depending on condition. #5-24, probably 50p to £5.

Or is there much collectibility out there for runs like 2000AD, TV21 and Warrior?
Have you checked ComicPriceGuide?

Do you mean the website? If so, I don't think it's terribly accurate for US books, so wouldn't put too much stock in what they listed for UK ones.

Good point.

What the hell is that symbol? Pounds sterling? Here is your virtual groin punch. ====>

I would love to have a HG Warrior #1 :cloud9:

I'd sell you mine but I don't want to.

Zirk for President!

What the hell is that symbol? Pounds sterling? Here is your virtual groin punch. ====>

I would love to have a HG Warrior #1 :cloud9:

I'd sell you mine but I don't want to.

Zirk for President!

If you ever find another nice one, send a message to the colonies. :wishluck:

Another question. Why is this not in the ''Comics General'' board? Didn't the Brits have comics back in the 40's & 50's too? hm

Yes, they did. I didn't think about that when I posted. Most of the British books I'm looking for are CA, so this is where I asked.

AH! thanks for clearing that up. :grin:

While on topic,why didn`t the Brits save, bagged and board thier comicbooks like the majority the North American collectors did? you know like Beano, not talking the marvel reprints.

This question has intrigued me as well. Several European countries have strong histories of publishing comics, but only in America does it seem to have become something to collect, at least with a mind toward condition-consciousness.

While on topic,why didn`t the Brits save, bagged and board thier comicbooks like the majority the North American collectors did? you know like Beano, not talking the marvel reprints.

This question has intrigued me as well. Several European countries have strong histories of publishing comics, but only in America does it seem to have become something to collect, at least with a mind toward condition-consciousness.

I have to admit I've wondered that same question many times.

If they had done the same thing American collectors have done there may be many more surviving early 2000AD issues floating around. :cry:

Awhile back I asked a question in Comics General about what collecting in other countries was like, and if only Americans were guilty of "condition-consciousness."

The replies were interesting. IIRC, in Europe, early Tintin comics apparently command big money, as well as early Disney Duck books. In Japan, there are collectors of first edition Manga, some of which can sell for big bucks as well.

With the exception of perhaps the first twenty issues, 2000A.D. sells for very little. Even later issues of what we might consider "key" appearances of popular, long-running characters (Strontium Dog, Rogue Trooper, Nemesis, Judge Death) sell for a pittance when compared to their American counterparts.

(Since this is the late Bronze/early Copper age, perhaps not enough time has gone by. Also, these comics have been reprinted ad nauseum, in just about every format available, which does have an impact on price. And...truly high grade copies are rare, which may discourage some collectors from picking them up.)

Several boardies from the UK said they didn't think 2000A.D. was worth collecting. It's a bit like collecting the comic strips in your daily paper.

I think 2000A.D. had some of the best comics ever written.

Oh, and as far as I know, there is no price guide.